Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to make .deb from source or binary??

Beans

Re: how to make .deb from source or binary??

I installed build-essential & checkinstall but having the same problem after typing ./configure

I am getting this

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/stormcloud-master$ ./configure
    bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by apandada1 View Post
    I installed build-essential & checkinstall but having the same problem after typing ./configure

I am getting this

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/stormcloud-master$ ./configure
    bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
    I am not the expert of ubuntu but as per my guess
    there is always a configure.sh file in source code .. if you are getting that error means you have not created that..
    normally configure.sh contains some bash setting that needed for installing the software.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by rushikesh988 View Post
    there is always a configure.sh file in source code .. if you are getting that error means you have not created that..
    normally configure.sh contains some bash setting that needed for installing the software.
    Guess is wrong, sorry. Some bits of software which use GNU autoconf (mercifully, it seems, a dying breed), have a "configure" script either supplied, or generated by "autogen.sh"

As for stormcloud, which it appears is what the OP is trying to build, is completely weird. It's not like anything I've seen before, I think it has something to do with Node.js.

@OP: Either use checkinstall (which I believe works for some projects only), or install using the install rule of the build system (just copy files, not always a good idea), or work out how to run the program without installing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12