Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Use Xbox Controllers (original, 360, 360 wireless, 360 guitar) with Linux

Beans

Re: Howto: Use Xbox Controllers (original, 360, 360 wireless, 360 guitar) with Linux

...Are you still there?

Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Re: Howto: Use Xbox Controllers (original, 360, 360 wireless, 360 guitar) with Linux

also had to add my controller to the .cpp file. it was 045e:028f, so you can add it to future additions

I get these errors:

Code:
    joshua@joshua-linuxlaptop:~/tmp/xboxdrv-linux-0.2$ sudo ./xboxdrv --wid 1
    USB Device:        001:009
    Controller:        "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (PC)" (idVendor: 0x045e, idProduct: 0x028f)
    Wireless Port:     1
    Controller Type:   Xbox360 (wireless)
    Deadzone:          0
    Rumble Debug:      off
    Rumble Speed:      left: 0 right: 0
    LED Status:        auto
    ButtonMap:         none
    AxisMap:           none
    Exception: Xbox360WirelessController: Error couldn't claim the USB interface 2

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis13 View Post
    also had to add my controller to the .cpp file. it was 045e:028f, so you can add it to future additions

I get these errors:

Code:
    joshua@joshua-linuxlaptop:~/tmp/xboxdrv-linux-0.2$ sudo ./xboxdrv --wid 1
    USB Device:        001:009
    Controller:        "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (PC)" (idVendor: 0x045e, idProduct: 0x028f)
    Wireless Port:     1
    Controller Type:   Xbox360 (wireless)
    Deadzone:          0
    Rumble Debug:      off
    Rumble Speed:      left: 0 right: 0
    LED Status:        auto
    ButtonMap:         none
    AxisMap:           none
    Exception: Xbox360WirelessController: Error couldn't claim the USB interface 2
    Yeah, that's a similar error to mine. On the bottom of the last page here.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Yeah, I saw that. I'm also using Hardy and with a wireless remote. I wonder if that's what the problem could be. Hmm. I'd really like to get this working, as it would make playing MAME so much more enjoyable!

I've played around with it a bit more, but no such luck yet.

Beans

Well mine's a wired pad, but it still won't work. For what it's worth (probably nothing), I mentioned it in the Ubuntu Ideas Pool in the Development forum. Maybe a dev will think it's a good idea and implement it? Who knows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I don't know anything about it, but I was getting errors that said
    Code:
    ioctl(3, USBDEVFS_SUBMITURB, 0x7fffedef1250) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    and
    Code:
    write(1, "error submitting URB: No such fi"..., 48error submitting URB: No such file or directory
    ) = 48
    Which leads me to believe that the problem is with URB messages that the program is trying to send.
    Like I said, I don't know anything about this, but this seems to be part of the problem with the program trying to claim the USB interface.

It seems that the program is so close to working and it would be so much nicer to use this than have to use the somewhat lacking xpad driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by dudude View Post
    I don't know anything about it, but I was getting errors that said
    Code:
    ioctl(3, USBDEVFS_SUBMITURB, 0x7fffedef1250) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    and
    Code:
    write(1, "error submitting URB: No such fi"..., 48error submitting URB: No such file or directory
    ) = 48
    Which leads me to believe that the problem is with URB messages that the program is trying to send.
    Like I said, I don't know anything about this, but this seems to be part of the problem with the program trying to claim the USB interface.

It seems that the program is so close to working and it would be so much nicer to use this than have to use the somewhat lacking xpad driver.
    Well this is good news! The dev works on this very actively and I can compile a list of issue of problems for him to work through. It's really too bad it didn't work out of the box for the above people

Luckily we can fix these problems quickly and get stuff working I'll let the dev know and re-submit.

For dudude, you have the joydev and uinput working, correct? Did you try chmoding /dev/input/uinput to 664 ?

PS: Sorry about the delay, I went on a trip this weekend

Beans

Anything you could recommend for me Wootah? I replied to your earlier question at the bottom of the last page.

I sent an email to the makers of this pad, apparently a German company, requesting Linux drivers. I didn't know if it would be useful or not, but I got an email back saying that they are unable to produce drivers themselves as it would prove too costly for them to support so many distros. However, the email did say -

Under Windows this Gamepad use the Windows own HID Driver, with this you can write your own Driver for Linux.
    ...I believe they used Babelfish to translate from German to English for me!

I don't know how useful that is (or even what a HID driver is), but, well, there it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by BigSilly View Post
    Anything you could recommend for me Wootah? I replied to your earlier question at the bottom of the last page.

I sent an email to the makers of this pad, apparently a German company, requesting Linux drivers. I didn't know if it would be useful or not, but I got an email back saying that they are unable to produce drivers themselves as it would prove too costly for them to support so many distros. However, the email did say -

...I believe they used Babelfish to translate from German to English for me!

I don't know how useful that is (or even what a HID driver is), but, well, there it is.
    HID = human interface device. This should basically mean that everything we did should work

Is there any other information you can post? You are using 32bit Hardy correct? Followed all the steps in the tutorial (just in case ) ?

We could always try the last version from git ? Let me know what you think

Beans

Yes, I'm running 32bit Hardy, and I followed your instructions right down and double checked as I went. I'm a bit noobish when it comes to compiling, but your instructions were very clear and easy to follow.

I dunno. I think I'm screwed! I can't imagine what I need to do, but I've just tried again to get it going, and I'm still getting the "couldn't claim the USB device" error.

Looks like if I want any new pad fun, I'm going to have to stick on XP.

...bugger.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast