Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: I love to make patriotic Ubuntu Logo fan art. Do you?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Politics are supposed to be in the OMG pInK pOnIeS forum.

    Avatars are supposed to be non political as well (see Ubuntu Forum Code of Conduct)

    The latest images are out of line and so may be this thread (and someone's avatar...)

    Thread closed for review

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    I have reviewed the thread. According to the Forums CoC, political content is restricted to OMG pInK pOnIeS (formerly The Backyard). I'll move the thread there and reopen it.

    I did remove some images from a post that were mean-spirited and expressly against the code of conduct. I will err on the side of mercy this time, but if any further images of the sort appear, whoever posts them will receive an infraction.

    Finally, the thread is ostensibly about art, not politics. That is debatable, but I'll allow the argument for now. This is a fine line to walk. We really don't want to encourage politics as a general topic in the forums as there are so many other, more appropriate places for these discussions. If the thread swerves to a discussion of politics, we will close it rather than open the political discussion floodgates.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Thanx
    Last edited by MetalMusicAddict; July 11th, 2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Message in wrong thread.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    010101010101001101000001
    Beans
    858
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict View Post
    Note: This is in no way a political thread. Take trolling elsewhere.

    I'm a Obama supporter and noticed the simplicity but great effectiveness ans versatility in his logo.

    THIS page shows some variants.

    So with my admiration for the great design logo I decided to make up a .SVG and try my hand at some wallpapers. I also wanted to share so I've uploaded my base .SVG for you guys to tinker with.

    I'll post some more later this week and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

    Please, don't turn this into a negative thread. I'm just sharing to see what people can come up with with the image.
    FYI

    Not everyone supports obama

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Beans
    920
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I have reviewed the thread. According to the Forums CoC, political content is restricted to OMG pInK pOnIeS (formerly The Backyard). I'll move the thread there and reopen it.

    I did remove some images from a post that were mean-spirited and expressly against the code of conduct. I will err on the side of mercy this time, but if any further images of the sort appear, whoever posts them will receive an infraction.

    Finally, the thread is ostensibly about art, not politics. That is debatable, but I'll allow the argument for now. This is a fine line to walk. We really don't want to encourage politics as a general topic in the forums as there are so many other, more appropriate places for these discussions. If the thread swerves to a discussion of politics, we will close it rather than open the political discussion floodgates.
    Pink Pony art?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by angryfirelord View Post
    Pink Pony art?
    Yep. I'm working on a pink version now.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech9 View Post
    FYI

    Not everyone supports obama
    As I said, let's stick to a discussion of the art involved, which was the original topic of the thread.

    Thank you.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    14,781

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    As I said, let's stick to a discussion of the art involved, which was the original topic of the thread.

    Thank you.
    The thread's title's first word is "Obama".

    Shouldn't it be changed to "Patriotic Inspired Art" or something? Starting out with "This is not political. I am a fan of Obama." is a bit weird.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hogwarts, `UNKNOWN`
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Who is Obama?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Obama logo and your art.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    The thread's title's first word is "Obama".

    Shouldn't it be changed to "Patriotic Inspired Art" or something? Starting out with "This is not political. I am a fan of Obama." is a bit weird.
    That's a fair point. Still, the OP was feeling inspired by the art being used by one candidate and that prompted the thread. Perhaps the statement of support of a specific candidate was unnecessary and unintentionally invites posts discussing that part of the topic...

    So, MetalMusicAddict, want to change it? No pressure, your call, but it might ease the weirdness.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •