Thread: SSH freezes after Authentication

Beans

SSH freezes after Authentication

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem logging into any remote computer using ssh from my Ubuntu laptop (Hardy 64-bit). When I attempt to log in I am prompted for the password and after accepting it, ssh just hangs until I close the terminal window (ctrl-c doesn't work). This happens whether connecting to a server behind my firewall or on the outside. Also, I am able to connect to the servers using Putty on a windows computer both outside and behind my firewall.

I'm not really sure where to start looking for the solution, I've run ssh with the -vvv option and there is a long output ending with:

"debug2: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768"

I can post the entire output if it will be beneficial.

This problem just came up a few days ago. I've been able to connect without a problem up until then.

Thanks in advance,
    -mt_burt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: SSH freezes after Authentication

Putty and Openssh keys are slightly different. I take it you are using the ssh command line client to attempt to make the connection. Are you sure you are using OpenSSH pub/private keys rather that putty keys?

Beans

Re: SSH freezes after Authentication

You're right, I am using ssh from the command line.

I'm not sure how I would use a different set of keys in ssh but I'm fairly sure I'm not mixing the them. I am using a different computer when I connect using Putty vs when using ssh.

I don't think I'm doing anything different from before when I was able to connect successfully.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Unhappy Re: SSH freezes after Authentication