Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Failed install, no longer booting anything or giving an output.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Failed install, no longer booting anything or giving an output.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis_101 View Post
    You don't have any idea how to fix that at all, i mean now my external hard drive is also broken cause it is now formatted (or should i say partially) to a linux format and i only have a Vista laptop (what i am using right now to be on this forum) so there is no way to recover that. Any ideas what i should do?

I can get a new PC, and don't have the warrenty anymore.
    Use the Ubuntu Live CD(it won't harm, take my word for it) and once you reach the desktop open the partition editor in System>Administration, plug in your external drive and format it in the way you want.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's loaded windows for some reason beyond me, i don't know why, i just tried booting it again (for about the 25th time!).

What should i do now, how should i install ubuntu and what do i do if it freezes again?

Thanks very very much guys,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisis_101 View Post
    Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's loaded windows for some reason beyond me, i don't know why, i just tried booting it again (for about the 25th time!).

What should i do now, how should i install ubuntu and what do i do if it freezes again?

Thanks very very much guys,
    It looks a lot like hardware failure, seriously, take it to be checked and fixed, that is the best you can do.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PmDematagoda View Post
    It looks a lot like hardware failure, seriously, take it to be checked and fixed, that is the best you can do.
    I AGREE. The problem I describe earlier seems EXACTLY like yours, but without the beeps. Sometimes it would never start, and sometimes it would after trying like 80 times... I am serious. Go take it to have it checked. I will say now, it IS a hardware failure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123