Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: mvPod a new Solution to convert Video

Hi fcastillo,

Sorry if the mvPod web site are still down. I'm in maintenance mode for this server and mvPod are not on my priority list. I have many service to migrate and I cannot migrate everything smoothly cause the other server just crash.

There version I suggest you to use are the one present on sourceforge.net or the nightly build : http://mvpod.sourceforge.net/nightly/

For the problem you have. Please, execute mvPod from command line ($ ./mvpod.sh). This way logs will be available in the terminal. Post this log on the forum and I will help you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,

I create for that mater a mailing list in SourceForge for this sort of discussion.

Here the link : https://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=225701

In answer to fcastillo, mvPod still in developement. There is no final release yet ! mvPod are develop mainly by me, but other people give me some help.

Beans

ikus,

I really enjoy mvpod, it's the only mencoder frontend I can find that supports easy GUI batch encoding and 2 pass. When are you planning to add a deinterlacing option? Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    ikus,

I really enjoy mvpod, it's the only mencoder frontend I can find that supports easy GUI batch encoding and 2 pass. When are you planning to add a deinterlacing option? Thanks.
    It's really hard to answer this question. I have so many thing to work on. In November I should have spare time. I will invest some time to implement interesting feature. I plan to release a final version in December.

It's sure that it's will be in the final version.

Also, I invite any Java developer to help me. We are an open source community no ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi fcastillo,

I want a know if you solve your problem.

Also, mvpod webSite are stable and running.

Beans

ikus060,

Regarding the nightly builds on your site, are there any differences on a daily basis? I don't see any documented changes and the file names don't change in version number. Are they just generated automatically by Trac?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    ikus060,

Regarding the nightly builds on your site, are there any differences on a daily basis? I don't see any documented changes and the file names don't change in version number. Are they just generated automatically by Trac?

I have a server that recompile mvPod every night. The build number refer the the subversion revision. So if there is no change made during the day, the build number doesn't change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I just started using mvPod.

I love it. It does exactly what I need it to do.

I'm getting some failed conversions occasionally. I can't seem to figure out why.

The good news is that although mvPod reports the conversion as failed, the video works. So it's not really that big of an issue really.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi Glendon,

I'm developing mvPod and I'm interest in your problem of failure. Next time you got a failure, can you send my the 'more info'. It's available by cliking on 'MoreInfo' in the job queue.

Regards

Patrik Dufresne

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Just got another failure while trying to convert. I've got three AVI's in the Job Queue.

I clicked More Info but the resulting dialog box doesn't contain any text. Just a red warning icon.

Is there a way for me to turn on debugging?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast