Thread: [SOLVED] Adobe Flash Player 9 problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Arrow [SOLVED] Adobe Flash Player 9 problem

Strange problem when I try to view any of the videos on www.cnet.com the flash player opens a gray box without a picture while you can hear the sound. Now if I navigate away from the page and then hit the back button the flash player plays normally. Firefox 3.0 is the browser and the system is up to date with all the updates. Although this is not a big deal it's annoying non the less.

PS I have removed and reinstalled flash with out success.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
    Shuttle SA76G2* Athlon II X2 245 * 4Gb PC26400 * 250 Gb HDD * DVD-RW * Ubuntu 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Adobe Flash Player 9 problem

Check to make sure you don't have mozilla-plugin-gnash or swfdec-mozilla installed. They can sometimes cause problems like this if you have them installed alongside Adobe's Flash.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro

None of the plug-ins you mentioned seem to be installed but here is a screenshot of what is installed:
    Shuttle SA76G2* Athlon II X2 245 * 4Gb PC26400 * 250 Gb HDD * DVD-RW * Ubuntu 12.10

I have a similar problem with Epiphany except nothing happens. If I click 'From CNET TV' in the upper right corner, a new window opens and it plays.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    I have a similar problem with Epiphany except nothing happens. If I click 'From CNET TV' in the upper right corner, a new window opens and it plays.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond but I don't see the "from CNRT TV"
    in the upper right corner(?).

Beans
    Distro

This solved the problem:
    sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Thanks to reassuringlyoffensive's sticky.