Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: www.ft.com

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Otago
    Beans
    962
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    www.ft.com

    I am running 8.04 and Firefox 3.0.

    I have persistent problems with trying to access the FT site.....it takes ages and ages and often does not connect at all....I flush the cache every time I close down firefox....any suggestions on where I might be going wrong?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: www.ft.com

    No problem accessing it here...

    Do you have NoScript enabled, and if so, have you added the site to your whitelist (or temporarily)?

    try booting from a liveCD and accessing it that way.

    Post your results
    Helping people crawl out of their Windoze...
    Please read THIS before asking if Anti-Virus and Firewalls are needed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Otago
    Beans
    962
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: www.ft.com

    Quote Originally Posted by randy78 View Post
    No problem accessing it here...

    Do you have NoScript enabled, and if so, have you added the site to your whitelist (or temporarily)?

    try booting from a liveCD and accessing it that way.

    Post your results
    I do have NoScript and ft.com is on my whitelist.....I have not tried rebooting from CD yet as am in the middle of something and don't want to close down...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: www.ft.com

    Quote Originally Posted by dunbrokin View Post
    I do have NoScript and ft.com is on my whitelist.....I have not tried rebooting from CD yet as am in the middle of something and don't want to close down...
    Hmmm... the only thing I can recommend is to boot from a LiveCD, to see if it's an issue with your installation of Firefox 3.

    When you get a chance, get a LiveCD going and post your results.

    Good luck
    Randy
    Last edited by randy78; June 6th, 2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Cracker Jack Jones
    Helping people crawl out of their Windoze...
    Please read THIS before asking if Anti-Virus and Firewalls are needed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Otago
    Beans
    962
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: www.ft.com

    Quote Originally Posted by randy78 View Post
    Hmmm... the only thing I can recommend is to boot from a LiveCD, to see if it's an issue with your installation of Firefox 3.

    When you get a chance, get a LiveCD going and post your results.

    Good luck
    Randy
    Did as you suggested....it worked for ft.com but had real problems with registration.ft.com.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •