Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is Hardy' NTFS support? What other file systems work in both XP and Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: How is Hardy' NTFS support? What other file systems work in both XP and Ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_powers View Post
    used it lots, and never had a problem. It is true that the ntfs support was a bit flaky at first, but now, the ntfs3g drivers are top notch.
    Is ntfs3g included with Hardy by defualt?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How is Hardy' NTFS support? What other file systems work in both XP and Ubuntu?

Yes its included in the default install.

Beans

So writing on an external NTFS hard drive with an clean Ubuntu 8.04 install won't be risky? If there was a risk of something happening, what would it be?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I will make no warranties expressed or implied, I can give you my testimonial experience in that I have personally had no data corruption reading, and writing to ntfs since feisty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

NTFS and FAT32 seem to work fine here in Gutsy and Hardy Ubuntu and Kubuntu.
    Intel E5700 G41 8Gb Xubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.4, WinXP.
    Revo R3610 Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 13.04

Absolute Beginners Compiz-fusion wiki Local Weather

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12