Thread: New Central Oklahoma (Shawnee) Ubuntu User!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking New Central Oklahoma (Shawnee) Ubuntu User!

Hey all,

Just a quick note to say hello and meet fellow Oklahoma Ubuntu fanatics.
    My name is Chris. I am a recent "full" convert (have been dabbling with Linux for many years) that has recently done away with Windows on my desktop and chose ubuntu (Hardy).
    I have of course worked in the IT field for over 15 years, play sports (coach little league - I have 4 kids), play WoW, and love the outdoors (hunting, fishing, camping, etc.).
    I live near Shawnee, and work in OKC as IT Manager for a medical company over Oklahoma...I frequent our locations in Tulsa as well.

Anyway, just a hello!

--Chris

Beans

Re: New Central Oklahoma (Shawnee) Ubuntu User!

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear from you! There are instructions in the sticky thread about how to become an Ubuntero, and how to join the launchpad group and the mailing list.

The next time you are in Tulsa give me a holler and maybe we can meet for lunch or something.

Just curious - does your company use any Linux?

Regards,

-james.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by jamesstansell View Post
    Hi Chris,

Nice to hear from you! There are instructions in the sticky thread about how to become an Ubuntero, and how to join the launchpad group and the mailing list.

The next time you are in Tulsa give me a holler and maybe we can meet for lunch or something.

Just curious - does your company use any Linux?

Regards,

-james.

Sure thing, will do! Will have to sign up (the key for the CoC signage) from home on my Linux box.
    I guess that answers your other question...no, all Windows (desktop-wise) here at work.
    I tried years ago, but was over-rode. It is a VERY large company (45K+ people), so I can't see it ever happening.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

HEEEY!!!! Activity!

Hopefully with summer almost in full swing we can spark up some activity and keep it going.

I helped the LA LoCo put on a successful booth at a hamfest in LA, it was fun, I hope to be able to get OK to the point that we are organizing events and booths

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey Chris I am in Shawnee as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm in Eldorado but sooner or later I'm sure we'll manage to get together for some type of event I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys in person some time.