Thread: Sound Loss after upgrade

Beans

Sound Loss after upgrade

Hi all.

The title says it all! Im running ubuntu 8.04. The pc has an nvidia motherboard and an amd2400+ dual core processor.

Just under a week ago after a routine upgrade, the sound became broken and now its gone altogether.

Any ideas folks?

ant.

Beans

Re: Sound Loss after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2010 View Post
    Hi all.

The title says it all! Im running ubuntu 8.04. The pc has an nvidia motherboard and an amd2400+ dual core processor.

Just under a week ago after a routine upgrade, the sound became broken and now its gone altogether.

Any ideas folks?

ant.
    -Navigate through Sound->Preferences->Sound and make sure that all option on the "Device" tab uses "Autodetect" (Sound Events, Music and Movies, Audio Conferencing).
    -alsamixer (On the terminal) Make sure that nothing is muted.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

Re: Sound Loss after upgrade

Hi there.

I did most of what you said ( The first bit) But I dont know how to open alsamixer in the terminal. Anyway heres a screenshot of what I did get.

Should I format the computer and go back to ubuntu 7.10? It seemed ok to me?