Thread: How to play my "My Recommendations" lastfm station in rhythmbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

How to play my "My Recommendations" lastfm station in rhythmbox

I have the rhythmbox last.fm plugin, it's scrobbling, everything's OK but I can only see the Neighbourhood station nd I can't find the Recommendations one. So, how can I play my "My recommendations" station?
    Angel Angelov

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How to play my "My Recommendations" lastfm station in rhythmbox

Hallooooo
    Can I play lastfm://xxxx links with rhythmbox?
    Angel Angelov

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

also, how do you play your own radio station ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DexterLB View Post
    I have the rhythmbox last.fm plugin, it's scrobbling, everything's OK but I can only see the Neighbourhood station nd I can't find the Recommendations one. So, how can I play my "My recommendations" station?
    Hi, I am not a computer whiz, but this is what worked for me (but may not for you): on Last.fm website, login to your profile, then click on "Edit profile details". Click on the "Website" tab and chose "Play music in the Last.fm software(NOTE: Track previews will still play on the site.)" rather than "Play music in-page". Save, then get back to your profile page and choose "Recommended" from the dropdown menu with your picture (top right corner). When you click on "Play all Recommendations" it should ask you which application you want to choose, simply hit on Rhythmbox and set it as default. Finally, your playlist should now appear as "yourusername's Recommended Radio: (null) percent", which means nothing to me, honestly, but definitely does the job. Enjoy (hopefully)!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks lelamal, now I can play my recommended radio station from RB.

When I tried to listen to my personal radio station, though, the player paused and when I clicked on PLAY I got a warning that said:

"Couldn't start playback
    Nothing to play"

Any idea for a workaround/fix ??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This worked for me (even personal station):

http://lecaros.wordpress.com/2007/06...-en-rhythmbox/

(it's in spanish)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lelamal View Post
    When you click on "Play all Recommendations" it should ask you which application you want to choose, simply hit on Rhythmbox and set it as default.
    Isn't this a URL, though? Can you give us the URL so we can just add it without changing last.fm settings?

There's a workaround here but it is said to not work anymore: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373622
    "Please remember to do things the Ubuntu way. There is always more than one solution to a problem, choose the one you think will be the easiest for the user. ... Try to think as a green user and choose the simplest solution." — Code of Conduct

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Endolith View Post
    Isn't this a URL, though? Can you give us the URL so we can just add it without changing last.fm settings?

There's a workaround here but it is said to not work anymore: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373622
    How do you check URL's in your radio station titles? When I right-click, the only option I'm given is to delete the station. The only thing that comes to my mind, now, in order to provide you with said URL is to do something you could do yourself, i.e. right-click on "Play all Recommendations" and copy the link location, which would be:
    HTML Code:
    lastfm://user/<yourusername>/recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by dekaru
    Thanks lelamal, now I can play my recommended radio station from RB.

When I tried to listen to my personal radio station, though, the player paused and when I clicked on PLAY I got a warning that said:

"Couldn't start playback
    Nothing to play"

Any idea for a workaround/fix ??
    Dekaru, I've got the same problem, and couldn't find a solution anywhere - I receive a slightly different message, "(null)", rather than "Nothing to play", but I guess what matters here is the (lack of) result. I'm starting to think that it's not currently possible to use this feature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lelamal View Post
    which would be:
    HTML Code:
    lastfm://user/<yourusername>/recommended

That works! Thanks
    "Please remember to do things the Ubuntu way. There is always more than one solution to a problem, choose the one you think will be the easiest for the user. ... Try to think as a green user and choose the simplest solution." — Code of Conduct