Thread: I thought this was funny but DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND CONTAINED IN THIS POST!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile I thought this was funny but DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND CONTAINED IN THIS POST!!!!

DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND FOUND IN THIS POST

Ok so I am very new to all of this computer stuff. Two weeks ago I would not have understood a lot of what is said in these forums, small things like bits of code and whatnot. But with the many hours I have spent on here and the abnormal amount of reading that I have done I have started to understand things that I never thought I would. Things like... <snip> or however that is correctly written, anyways a friend that i havent talked to in a long time just texted me and told me he was bored, so i returned a text telling him to run <snip>boredom, well none the less he became very confused, so I had to explain it to him. (mind you this guy can hardly use windows) Anyways this place is like crack I cant get enough there are still a few hundred thousand thread that I havent read. So I thought it was funny and I would share this with y'all.

Last edited by K.Mandla; June 1st, 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Malicious commands removed.

Beans

Re: I thought this was funny but DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND CONTAINED IN THIS POST!!!!

heh, I ran it once, knowing fully well what I was doing, and nothing went wrong. it's best that you DONT run it for pre-installed applications.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: I thought this was funny but DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND CONTAINED IN THIS POST!!!!

I understand what it does too, but I dont understand other code. Everyone says not to run it so I kept looking around and found a break down of what it was, so I feel that knowing what it does and posting using that line that I should warn people not to run it in general.

Beans

<snip>
    Last edited by K.Mandla; June 1st, 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Malicious code removed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

A while back, we got trolls who trick new users into running commands they shouldn't run. See the warning here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?a=54

Which, ironically, teach you various ways to trash your system.

Please be aware that posting this command is still considered a bannable offense, and should not be done casually, or even in jest.

Thread closed.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com