Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i access my camera's mount point?

Beans

Re: how do i access my camera's mount point?

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    You could just go into preferences and change how it's handled when plugged in.. i'm in xubuntu and i forget what it is in gnome, but basically in removable media you give it a command like 'nautilus' and it should open no prob.. maybe!
    Actually Hardy still doesn't mount the camera, in fact if I disable the f-spot-import action from Control Center --> Removable Drives and Media --> Cameras tab and then set Control Center --> File Management Preferences --> Photos to 'Open Folder' nothing happens.

If I run tail -f /var/log/messages before attaching the camera it shows it only detecting a usb device.

Code:
    Sep 27 12:01:24 zeus kernel: [327178.064919] usb 1-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
    Sep 27 12:01:24 zeus kernel: [327178.198765] usb 1-8: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    My camera, a new Fuji Finepix S1000fd (which is an awesome value for it's price btw) can do decent video, so I needed a way to mount it to get the .avi's off of it.

Both f-spot and gthumb could see the avi, however f-spot failed to import the avi's -- which doesn't surprise me since it is a photo db.

What I ended up doing was changing the command in Control Center --> Removable Drives and Media --> Cameras --> Digital Camera to 'gthumb --import-photos' without quotes. This at least allows me to get the avi files onto my pc, furthermore it returns my ability to delete the images from the camera as I import them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've found that the files are in ~/.gvfs/ and Nautilus finds them as gphoto2://[usb:005,004]/

That would be fine (elegant even) if I just want the files. However, I want access to the device to attempt recovery of some deleted pictures using photorec.

Anyone know how to find the address of the device?
    Veloce
    Ubuntu 9.04 64bit on Dell Vostro 1510, Core2 Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M , Intel 1395 Wireless.
    OK: Wireless, kvm, Canon irc2880, Synergy.

Beans

Hope this helps -

Using Ubuntu 12.10, I'm able to access my camera on the command line using /run/user/<username>/gvfs/gphoto2:host=%5Busb%3A002%2C008%5D/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12