Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canon PIXMA IP 2600 printer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs up Re: Canon PIXMA IP 2600 printer

Hello people I have had the same problem and after a long time googling I found out the problem and it's all related to x64 version not having drivers but I solved this problem fairly quick in my posting with optimal sucess.

If you are a x64bit user please by all means head over to my installation guide. I came here before hoping for an answer but nothing of what was posted helped me in the least so after fixing my problem I decided to post a "how to" installation guide to help all others becuase I got my answers from like looking at 10 different websites becuase no google result was spot on to my specific printer. So to save you all time.. :s

here is my Forum Post (created by me).

This SOLVES the CANON Pixma iP2600 Photo Printer issue. Everything from drivers, force installs, to configuration is covered here. I doubt I missed anything. Hope this helps others who subscribed to this posting.
    My printer now works 100% in ubuntu (64 bit AMD) linux. Peace

Solution:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2#post10009022

Beans

Re: Canon PIXMA IP 2600 printer

yeah this took me quite some time to get right but I got it working here's what I did

I downloaded these packages from http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100118902.html and http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100119102.html

I just let ran them from the gui and they installed without issue. then in the printing manager when you go through the install on that side when you get to the part where it says search database I chose use ppd file instead then selected the ppd file that should be in /usr/share/ppd/*.ppd
    and it work perfect

hope this can help as I know the other way wasn't working for me becasue of the cups dependencys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Canon PIXMA IP 2600 printer

Quote Originally Posted by zhez_100 View Post
    ...Greetings to all!, children at me it is a little bad with English, but постораюсь to write how to for 64 bit users of computers!
    It works on 9.10 and 10.04 (64 bit) now have gone
    1)http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...312.asp?model=
    download IP2600_debian.tgz We unpack in a home directory

2)$dpkg-deb -x cnijfilter-common_2.90-1_i386.deb common - We unpack the first package in a directory common !
    3)We unpack its operating files:dpkg-deb --control cnijfilter-common_2.90-1_i386.deb
    3)We open in the editor file DEBIAN/control and it is corrected libcupsys2 on libcups2: $gedit DEBIAN/control
    4)We enclose operating files to a package:$mv DEBIAN/ common/
    5)We establish on all correct rights:$sudo chown -R root.root common
    6)We delete an old package:$rm cnijfilter-common_2.90-1_i386.deb
    7)Also we create it anew:$dpkg -b common/ cnijfilter-common_2.90-1_amd64.deb(Pay attention to renaming)
    8)The same for the second package:
    $dpkg-deb -x cnijfilter-ip2600series_2.90-1_i386.deb ip2600
    $dpkg-deb --control cnijfilter-ip2600series_2.90-1_i386.deb
    $gedit DEBIAN/control (libcupsys2 on libcups2)
    $mv DEBIAN/ ip2600/
    $sudo chown -R root.root ip2600
    $rm cnijfilter-ip2600series_2.90-1_i386.deb
    $dpkg-deb -b ip2600/ cnijfilter-ip2600series_2.90-1_amd64.deb
    9)We establish packages:$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture cnijfilter-common_2.90-1_amd64.deb cnijfilter-ip2600series_2.90-1_amd64.deb

i didn't know you could do this. you, sir, are the man. i've been having trouble with this printer over my network via samba and now it's printing a test page finally. thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234