Thread: installing ffmeg on 6.06

Beans

installing ffmeg on 6.06

I am having a problem with installing ffmpeg on my 6.06 server.

I am using the tutorial here (Compiling ffmpeg from upstream svn snapshots option)

Everything goes fine until I get to the 'make' part of the process and then it seems to fail with the following output

Code:
    gcc -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOUR CE -I"/root/ffmpeg-export-2008-05-27" -I"/root/ffmpeg-export-2008-05-27" -fomit-frame-pointer -pthread -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisable d-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -Wno-pointer-sign -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -O3 -fno-math-errno -c -o libavcodec/libx264.o libavcodec                 /libx264.c
    libavcodec/libx264.c: In function âX264_initâ:libavcodec/libx264.c:151: error: âstruct <anonymous>â has no member named âi_rc_methodâ
    libavcodec/libx264.c:151: error: âX264_RC_CRFâ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/libx264.c:151: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    libavcodec/libx264.c:151: error: for each function it appears in.)
    libavcodec/libx264.c:152: error: âstruct <anonymous>â has no member named âf_rf_constantâ
    libavcodec/libx264.c:154: error: âstruct <anonymous>â has no member named âi_rc_methodâ
    libavcodec/libx264.c:154: error: âX264_RC_CQPâ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/libx264.c:161: error: âstruct <anonymous>â has no member named âi_rc_methodâ
    libavcodec/libx264.c:161: error: âX264_RC_ABRâ undeclared (first use in this function)
    libavcodec/libx264.c:254: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    make: *** [libavcodec/libx264.o] Error 1
    It would appear to be a problem with the libx264 codec (I think) but I am not sure what needs to be done.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: installing ffmeg on 6.06

If you do not necessarily want the SVN version, you can add the Medibuntu repository and install FFmpeg from there. This version has support for all the restricted formats (whereas the version of FFmpeg from the official repositories does not have support).