Thread: [SOLVED] ndiswrapper freezes hp tx2000z

Beans

[SOLVED] ndiswrapper freezes hp tx2000z

hey guys, i'm relatively new to the ubuntu world, but i've managed to get it running successfully with full functionality on two other machines at home. but, as hard as i may try, when i try to get the wireless working on this HP tx2000z tablet, it keeps freezing up a few minutes after the network gets connected. It is never the same time after connection, and it's sometimes during the connection stage.

I am positive the wireless card is the culprit because i can install as many other drivers as i want, and as long as i don't get the wireless up and running, and everything runs great. But as i said, once i use ndiswrapper to install the dell drivers it freezes every time i boot up.

I have the Broadcom BCM4310 (rev 01) card. I am using the updated version (-17) of hardy 8.04, although the -16 kernel did the same thing...

Any help would be AWESOME because vista is annoying the crap out of me, and getting over this roadblock would absolutely make my summer.

Beans

Re: ndiswrapper freezes hp tx2000z

bump...anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by DesiDishoom View Post
    I have the Broadcom BCM4310 (rev 01) card. I am using the updated version (-17) of hardy 8.04, although the -16 kernel did the same thing...
    Have you tried using the fwcutter tool instead of ndiswrapper?
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

The b43 drivers does not work the the 4310 based upon the information in the b43 mailing lists. You might try this link. The guide is for the dv6701us version, but it might work for you because most of the HP laptops seem to be able to use similar drivers.

Beans

thanks for the responses! i actually ended up using the support docs on linux.dell.com, and using the dell drivers, got it work on my HP laptop! thanks again for the replies.