Thread: The weirdest problem I have ever seen - graphics issue...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The weirdest problem I have ever seen - graphics issue...

I am not even sure how to describe it. It is an "image" of a starting image of a YouTube type video. it is stuck in the upper left of my desktop. But it isn't visible unless there is a window open on top of it, and not just any window, but ones with text input fields, like gedit or libre office or a web page. It is almost like the books we had as a kid where you couldn't see something unless you wore the special "spy glasses". It is only visible in the text fields and blocked by other parts of the window.

The even weirder part is I cant show you the problem. It doesn't show, just disappears, when I do a screen grab. Even weirder, I went to take a picture with my droid, I took a picture of the desktop w/o anything showing it as a "control" and that worked fine, then I moved gedit over it so it could be seen and took a picture and my camera broke. now every picture I take comes up blank..?!?!??? I am starting to wonder if I am dreaming, this is just beyond weird.

Brad
    Phenom II X4 955 (@4080MHz), 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1333 (@1600), GTX 460 2GB, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: The weirdest problem I have ever seen - graphics issue...

Well as weird as it was, I did get it to go away. It had been there for 3 days, but I hadn't had time to deal with it much. The image was the starting image of the "Google goggles" video on this page. I had about 20 tabs open on my browser (chrome) and when I looked at one of the tabs I noticed that it was the same picture. When I closed the tab it went away, and when I opened it up again, it is still gone. Odd that it came back after restarting the computer 2 in the last few days. I reboot my phone and it is working now as well. Anyway, in the words of Gilda Radner, "Nevermind"

Brad
    Phenom II X4 955 (@4080MHz), 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1333 (@1600), GTX 460 2GB, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit