I am a complete newbee @ Ubuntu, so pls bare with me. Ihave some severe difficulty in playing my videos, and I cant get my head arround it.
I am using VLC, Totem and MPlayer. All are hanging / blurry images and audio is out of sync.
MPlayer: Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device)
Totem: failed to connect stream: Invalid argument
- output to x11 in both Mplayer and VLC no success.
- disable pulse audio to salsa (in MPlayer) no success
- played video on FireFox -> no success
- googled for a solution -> no success
- diabled Compiz -> no success
- opend a beer ....helping but not regarding to video playback
Pretty please with sugar on top, please help me out here