Thread: using unetbootin to install ubuntu

Beans

using unetbootin to install ubuntu

i realize there are probly step-by-step installations that i could follow, but the problem i have is when i go to use to pick the archive to download ubuntu from it stays at 0% for about 30 secs then says
    Bad Archive Mirror
    The specified ubuntu archive mirror is either not abailable, or does not have a valid release file on it.

and then it asks me to pick another mirror.
    any ideas on what is wrong, does this with all mirrors and i believe i have connected to my network, but if i go to abort it says system may not be usuable are you sure you wish to abort. and i don't want to leave my system inoperable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: using unetbootin to install ubuntu

It could be several things. First, the mirror could truly be unavailable, because everybody is downloading Ubuntu. Or, it could be a problem with the DNS server resolving the mirror name.

I think the warning about having an un-useable system is referring to your new installation, not your other partitions like Windows. It just means that the installer could not finish.

If it complains about all the mirrors, it could be a problem with the DNS server resolving the domain name of the mirror. Sometimes, the issue is with your router. If you can plug in directly to your modem, and bypass your router, it might work better.

Beans

Re: using unetbootin to install ubuntu

srry wrong post i have a new thread started.