Thread: can't connect my creative zen mp3 player

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

can't connect my creative zen mp3 player

I bought a creative zen mp3 player. Because of creative's naming inconsistency that's not such an acurate information about which player I actualy bought since there's a couple of different models with the same name.
    I bought precisely this one:
    http://se.europe.creative.com/produc...&product=16999

Now, I got very disapointed that this damn device doesn't have a normal storage unit implementation like any other mp3 player. I thought this crappy approach was a thing of the past, I was wrong.

I checked around how to solve this problem because creative's proprietary software is not available for linux. I found the solution, i thought, I should install an application called GNOMAD2.

So i did. But when I run it, it just doesn't detect my player at all. I tried clicking rescan several times without success?

doesn't gnomad support his player? If not how should put files to my player? Isn't it possible at the moment?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: can't connect my creative zen mp3 player

How did you install the software, from the repostories or from their website? http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/

According to their site, your device IS supported.
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Beans

I have a Zen V Plus and Gnomad2 recognizes it, but currently I am using Rhythmbox, which will allow playing music from the Zen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I downloaded gnomad 2.9.1 from gettdeb.net
    And it sort of works.
    But this player is turing out to be really crapy.

What's with creative that can't implement a file browser in the player?

I loaded an mp4 video in a format that suposely would be readable by the player. I placed it in the video folder and it allways shows when i access the player using gnomad. But the file won't show at all on the player... WTF!?

Is there any filebrowser for this kind of players?

For the wise, don't waste you time and money buying a crappy creative player, its all closed formats everywhere. I feel like I am playing to use the music they want (you can buy music from your player) the way they want and using the software they want. Damnit, i just wanted a f... mp3 player. I thought rockbox would run on this platform.. i sohuld have checked before i bought this.

rhythmbox 0.11.5 doesn't detect my player at all.

Well.. sorry everybody for all these rants. Any tips on how to make my mp3 player a bit more usable are very appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by pedrotuga; May 28th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.