Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker & Internal microphone issue, Acer Aspire 5050

Quote Originally Posted by ricflomag View Post
    Acer Aspire 5050 owners, using Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty): the following will make your speakers, headphone and INTERNAL MICROPHONE work.
    • press ALT + F2
    • enter this command:
    • enter your password
    • in the text editor that opens, paste this line (replacing the previous content, if the file is not blank):

(This is "fujitsu-pi2515", not "acer-aspire", because the later would not allow the internal microphone to work.)
    • save and close
    • restart your computer
    • you'll have to edit your Volume Control settings to select the internal mic as a source. Some of the sliders settings won't be saved, but this is not a major problem.

Hope it helps.

i tried this with my acer aspire 4935G - didn't help at all (i thoought maybe it works for other aspire too).

what worked for me, however:

ticking all volume controls for HDA Intel (Alsa Mixer) and checking if one fader turns up the headphone volume.
    and it worked - "surround" controls the headphone plug volume, "front" the volume for the integrated speakers.
    couldn't find a way to automatically turn off speakers when headphones are pluged in, tho.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

I still can not get mine to work.
    I have an Acer Aspire 6920, and it has Realtek ALC889 which is NOT listed.
    I tried using model=acer, model=acer-aspire, and several 3stack-6ch. None of them worked. Is the ALC889 that much different from the ALC888 that these would not work? It is a bit frustrating, because if I connect a docking station to the system, it finds those devices, and by default the sound will work. I don't want to have to carry this docking station around with me.

Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

For anyone else who has an Acer Aspire 69XX, I got my sound working using the following procedure.

Step 1: Open Terminal from "Applications->Accessories->
    Terminal" (I acually prefer Guake.)

Step 2: Run the following commands (copy/paste each command into the Terminal and then hit <enter>)

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Add these 2 lines to the end of the alsa-base.conf file:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel model=auto

If those alsa-base.conf options don't work, please try these 2 lines instead:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire

If it still does not work, you can try upgrading alsa to v1.0.19 using this link:

http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/20...grade-of-alsa/

Don't forget to reboot your pc after every change you make on the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file.

For me, the very first step worked. Step 2 wasn't necessary.

P.S. I got this procedure from a Google questions/answers forum... NOT from an Ubuntu forum. Go figure!

I LOVE MY UBUNTU.... even when the sound wasn't working. )

Beans

Smile Re: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

My mainboard is ASUS P5QC.

Codec: Realtek ALC1200

Better option I found is model=targa-dig.

Now I can mute all channels except Front and switch between Front/Headphone clicking in kmix on Headphone "mute" option.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

Hi all!

I had the same problem on my Ubuntu 9.04, and my card is ALC1200. Adding

options snd-hda-intel model=haier-w66
    Was not enough. So i opened volume control and choosed Realtek ALC1200 from the combobox at the top. Now just disable PCM-2 output and it just works!

P.S. Before fixing this i have problems with launching Amarok since the last update... But Amarok somehow began to work too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks very much.

I can eventually listen to music on my laptop without disturbing my co-workers !

Beans

I really appreciate the detail in your post. Configuring Alsa now makes sense.

I thought I'd post the stats on the card I was working on in case it helps someone else.

Laptop: HP HDX9300
    Codec: STAC9271D
    Module: snd-hda-intel
    Jacks:
    Rear: Front, Center/Sub, Side, Rear
    Front: Mic, Headphone 1, Headphone 2

Working options in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:

options snd-hda-intel model=5stack position_fix=0 probe_mask=-1 bdl_pos_adj=-1 enable=yes

Results:
    ----------------------
    Currently, I have 5.1 speakers attached to the Front, Center/Sub and Rear connectors. All work correctly.

=> Laptop speakers work when the checkbox "Line in as Output" is checked.

Unchecking that checkbox leaves me with external speakers which works great when docked.

Headphone jack 1 does not work, but plugging headphones into headphone jack 2 works and mutes other outputs correctly.

The jacks on the rear of the laptop do appear to be mixed up, so I had to fumble with them a little to get all the individual volume controls working as intended.

HTH: I've found very few references for this laptop configuration running Linux.

Rich

Beans

Reaction #76 by Incomming worked for me on Sony Vaio VGN-NS11S with Realtek ALC262 using:

"gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base" instead of "sudo gedit /ect/modprobe.d/alsa-base".

model=sony-assamd

Thanks everyone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For me (Jaunty 9.04) on Sony Vaio VGN - NS11 Z, recording and playback were fine when I added the following line:

# Enable microphone and other features
    options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba-s06

to the bottom of

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

And then reboot the computer and recheck all the settings in Volume Preferences. Set Options > Input Source to: Int Dmic

Apparently the internal chipsets are most similar to Toshiba's s06 model.

magic neophyte
    Last edited by magic-neophyte; December 14th, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks to OP.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast