Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't install any OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't install any OS

Quote Originally Posted by jappish View Post
    Ok, I really thoght that it was normal to get a few errors, 600 in one hour seemed like a bit too many.. hmm.. well, I have to return them on monday then...

But I'm still wondering... could the errors be caused by the MOBO? I mean if the MB is damaged somehow?

I think I check and see with some friends if they might have som RAM that fits on my mobo before I send back my ram
    If the motherboard is damaged the errors are likely to be the same when you swap the memory around (probably a damaged track or dry joint). If you do try your friend's memory check it's the right speed and type before you try it out.

Beans

Hi again!

I actually updated the BIOS yesterday and today I ran memtest for an hour without a single error, now the thing is, before I ran the test I moved both RAM modules to the other DDR channel, so I don't really know if the errors came from the memory modules, the other DDR channel or if the errors occured because the old BIOS didn't handle the modules properly.

I also discovered that the installation problems with Ubuntu might be related to the fact that I used cloneCD to burn the .iso files with, I tried the the cd in another pc and I expierenced similar problems...

I have a lot of stuff to do the coming days but I'll report back when I try some more configurations.

thnx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Good to hear that your memory is now working. I wouldn't have thought that the bios would have anything to do with it. The 32/64 bit option which you had in the bios previously was probably related to the amount of memory that you could use (ie address length), so it wasn't the cause of the errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12