Thread: Banned

Beans

Banned

I didn't want to post this on bbs cuz I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I've noticed recently that there are several new moderators (all of whom I have respect for and absolutely deserving) but I have also noticed that there are several new "banned" people. Specifically, I see that Dusty, a long time moderator and as far as I could tell a totally respectable member, is "banned." Does anybody know the story behind this? I'm quite curious. Perhaps he was embezzling the zazzle money? (that was a joke, I doubt there is much money there)

Beans

Re: Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miggys View Post
    I didn't want to post this on bbs cuz I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I've noticed recently that there are several new moderators (all of whom I have respect for and absolutely deserving) but I have also noticed that there are several new "banned" people. Specifically, I see that Dusty, a long time moderator and as far as I could tell a totally respectable member, is "banned." Does anybody know the story behind this? I'm quite curious. Perhaps he was embezzling the zazzle money? (that was a joke, I doubt there is much money there)
    http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=31287

I don't see what you are talking about.

Dusty isn't banned (and isn't that active at the moment) and not a mod.

Beans

sorry, I meant on the arch linux forum

Beans

This is the forums for Arch linux. Or are you referring to an entirely different domain?

Beans

perhaps i should not ever talk if my communications are so unclear...

the archlinux forums meaning if you goto www.archlinux.org and click on forums. Those who frequent those forums might realize that they are at bbs.archlinux.org.

and now I'm about to go to bed so if there's anything else that needs clarification you will have to wait until I wake up

Beans

perhaps i should not ever talk if my communications are so unclear...

the archlinux forums meaning if you goto www.archlinux.org and click on forums. Those who frequent those forums might realize that they are at bbs.archlinux.org.

and now I'm about to go to bed so if there's anything else that needs clarification you will have to wait until I wake up
    I think I am justfied in being confused. The purpose of this forum is: Discussion of Arch Linux and derivatives. and not "Discussion of the staff at other forums".

I don't think this is this forum's purpose.

Beans

Huh?
    How they handle their forum policy/rules have nothing to do with ubuntuforums, even if this a sub-forum for arch talk - it is meant for tech.
    I'm sure there's a good reason for it. If you have a problem with it, you should take it up with the admins at the archforum.

I'm closing this thread as it does not serve any purpose related to tech and talking about other distro forum(s) handling their forum policy is not something to discuss on ubuntuforums.org
    My favourite place of all, is the closet in the hall

Try elementary OS - https://elementary.io

Beans

My favourite place of all, is the closet in the hall

Try elementary OS - https://elementary.io