Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Building amaroK from SVN source

Quote Originally Posted by gk_jam
    I got mp4/aac support to work pretty easily. Just make sure that libmp4v2 dev and faad2 dev packages are installed.
    Cool. Added to the how-to.

Beans

Works great .... but now my iPod doesn't connect to Amarok. I just get that I don't have a supported device. My iPod is mounted in /media/ipod and changing it to /mnt/ipod doesn't do anything... please help...

This is the last device I need to get to work... with amarok en aac support witch is working in Amarok now.... so I can say windows goodbye....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RDo
    This is the last device I need to get to work... with amarok en aac support witch is working in Amarok now.... so I can say windows goodbye....
    I'm not sure which package is needed for iPod support. Do you have gtkpod installed?
    Last edited by mlomker; December 13th, 2005 at 10:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I have Amarok w/ AAC and iPod support up now, thanks to this thread and some reading.

To get the iPod support you need to get libgpod. The snapshot there builds clean here - but I have most of the dev packages, so YMMV. Once you download the snapshot use './configure --prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install' without the quotes to build it. When the script asks for extra flags use --with-mp4v2 --with-libgpod. Should build clean.

Beans

Done both.... libgpod installed with the prefixes and gtkpod is installed. GTKpod does seem to work but still no Amarok ipod connection.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Part of the script lists what options its going to actually compile from. To see it just scroll back through the comilation. Does it say its going to compile with libgpod support? Does your iPod appear in Nautilus when you plug it in? What iPod do you have? When I got it to work I had to delete every directory in the iPod and use gtkpod to recreate the dirs and basically copy everything over anew. So that may work. I had to do it for different reasons, but perhaps it needs to start clean.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by RDo
    Done both.... libgpod installed with the prefixes and gtkpod is installed. GTKpod does seem to work but still no Amarok ipod connection.
    same here. libgpod built just fine and amarok reported Building with Ipod support when I built it...
    but I still get: no supported media device.
    Other than that thanks for the SVN guilde it worked great and now I have mp4 support!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    Download the .deb file for taglib 1.4.

Change to the download directory:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i taglib-1.4_i386.deb
    Does anyone know of a version of taglib 1.4 compiled for powerpc? My search of the web yielded nothing. The dapper packaged libtag1-dev (1.4-2ubuntu1) seemed it may work, but it depends on a whole host of other dapper packages, and I was afraid of damaging my system by upgrading to all those potentially unstable packages.

Any advice?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eduardgrebe
    Does anyone know of a version of taglib 1.4 compiled for powerpc?
    You'll want to compile it yourself. The DEB that I provide is one that I compiled and used checkinstall to package.

Grab it here.
    Last edited by mlomker; December 16th, 2005 at 06:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Excellent, nice guide--worked without a hitch.

Now I just have to decide whether or not it was worth it to install 150MB of stuff for a music player...

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast