Thread: Wireless (oddly) stopped working

Beans

Wireless (oddly) stopped working

Hi,

i've been having the problem that I outlined in pretty significant depth in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=802894

What it basically seems to be boiling down to is that I accidentally toggled a button on my laptop (gazp5) to turn off the wireless. This is based on the fact that when I type in:
    Code:
    sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep switch
    the response I get is a whole bunch of

Code:
    May 22 14:18:36 ubuntu kernel: [   41.305433] iwl3945: Radio disabled by HW RF Kill switch
    May 22 14:18:38 ubuntu kernel: [   43.110673] iwl3945: Radio disabled by HW RF Kill switch
    Going back to when the wireless went out sometime yesterday evening. There are a couple other random things in the log, but none seem particularly interesting.

Anyway, when I press Fn+F2 to turn the wireless back on, nothing happens, so I'm not sure if this is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Wireless (oddly) stopped working

The switch is on the leading edge of your gazv5, on the left hand side. Toggle it to the right.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans

Re: Wireless (oddly) stopped working

Haha, I'm a little embarrassed for never having noticed that before.

Ok, I did that, but after playing around with a couple other things i got it to work as it should. Thank you for helping me. I've been consistently amazed with the support over at system76.