Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: General MoBlock thread

Beans

Re: General MoBlock thread

Quote Originally Posted by SirLafsalot View Post
    Plus, whenever I open pgl-gui, I get the warning shown in the attached image.
    This will probably be fixed in the next releasse. That should happen if on your system "which" is not installed.

Every time, I got the same warning in the attached image, the same "WARN: Invalid ASCII line:" error, and the log files looked very similar to what I have shown here.
    Don't worry about that (TM), just a malformed line in the blocklist which was detected by pgl.

No, I do not have an MTA installed (that I know of), which is new to the log entry here, but did show up during my original tests of loading one, two and three of the blocklists.
    Doesn't matter, that's just to send statistics and error reports. If you don't have a MTA installed you can disable all this reporting by setting in /etc/pgl/pglcmd.conf
    Code:
    CRON_MAILTO=""
    STATS_MAILTO=""
    WD_MAILTO=""
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

So, that's for me catching up with all unanswered posts. If there are questions open, please ask again.

The current main problem seems to be the non-working binaries from oneiric/precise, which cause pgld to crash on every reload (which happens e.g. after the automatic daily blocklist update). The pglcmd.wd fixes this after maximum 5 minutes. Check the mails that are sent to root (unless you configured something else), if you want to know if you are hit by this bug, you will see mails with a subject "pglcmd.wd restarted pgld" next to the daily "Results of pglcmd blocklist update".
    I have (at least a little) hope that the new build system (already in the git repository at sourceforge) fixes this, if not use the natty packages.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

linux gui says i have 4294967295 ip adresses blocked - which seems a bit harsh

Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: Connected to dbus system bus.
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: Started.
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: ASCII: 1 entries loaded from "/var/lib/pgl/master_blocklist.p2p"
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: Blocking 1 IP ranges (4294967295 IPs).
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: NFQUEUE: binding to queue 92
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: ACCEPT mark: 20
    Apr 3 17:28:32 INFO: REJECT mark: 10

tried reloading and updating lists. no joy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

stopped pgld
    removed spamhaus drop list.
    update lists
    restart

it seems blocking the entire Internet stopped the update process. updating with shields down worked.

all is well again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Re: General MoBlock thread

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    .. If there are questions open, please ask again.

The current main problem seems to be the non-working binaries from oneiric/precise, which cause pgld to crash on every reload ..
    Just to clarify ..

Should I just use Natty version on 11.10 (Oneiric) or 12.04 LTS (Precise)?

Beans

I have no reports for 12.04 (Precise), yet. So probably try the precise packages first and check the first few days the /var/log/pgl/pglcmd.log and your local mail to root for entries from the watchdog (pglcmd.wd). If there aren't any you are fine, but if you see something you should try the natty version.

For 11.10 (Oneiric) you should use the natty version. But verifying it works (like above) would be good anyway.

I hope the issue is fixed in the upcoming 2.1.4. There are some changes which might be related.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    I have no reports for 12.04 (Precise), yet.

I thought I'd already posted that it was the same on Precise as on Oneiric, it still turns itself off. I'm still using the Natty version without problem.

Beans

You are right, i forgot that over my holidays

So allOneiric and Precise users should use the natty sources.list entry until the next update (2.2.0)
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: General MoBlock thread

Could you please help me to configure tor ?
    what should I supposed to configure and how ?

(does exist something like
    iptables -I pgl_out -p tcp -m tor -j RETURN
    ) ?

thank you,
    kind regards,
    M.

Beans

@all: I uploaded a preview of the upcoming release last weekend. It should/may fix all known issues, hopefully also the issues with oneiric/precise. Please note that there is no release for natty yet.

@masuch: I'm not familiar with tor in detail. But I doubt that there is an module for iptables. Perhaps there is a port that you could whitelist. Instead I guess you should use this list as an allow list in pgl (ask if you don't know how to configure that).
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast