Thread: default keyring password?

Beans

default keyring password?

i am really starting to get annoyed at the fact that i have to enter my password to connect to my wireless internet.

is there a way to remove this password or make it automatically connect to my wireless.

i have tried going into home/.gnome2/keyrings but there isn't default.keyring in there.

please make any instructions as easy as possible as i am not exactly skilled with a terminal.

preferably stuff that doesn't include the terminal but copy and paste stuff is fine.

p.s. i am using Ubuntu 7.10 if that helps
    Last edited by adz666; May 21st, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: default keyring password?

Are you using Ubuntu 8.04? I think 8.04 has the pam utils setup such that if your keyring and login passwords are the same, it won't prompt you for a keyring password.
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans

i am using 7.10 is there still a way to do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I don't know and have no way to check. Are your keyring and login passwords the same? There was a link for older Ubuntu versions about how to setup pam to not prompt for a keyring password but, I can't seem to find it anymore.
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans

my passwords are the same.

Beans

This thing drove my crazy for days. I searched all over the internet and couldn't get any of the proposed "use-same-password-and-do-something-with-pamkeyring" solutions to work.

Finally, I installed Wicd and followed the Installing Wicd in Ubuntu instructions (very simple). No more wifi or login problems for me.

If however, you want to continue using Network Manager, then a search brought up this solution.