Thread: Brightness backwards - strange problem

Beans

Brightness backwards - strange problem

My brightness tool works backward - setting it at 0% gives max brightness and 100% gives minimum brightness.

At boot the brightness is at a minimum (100%) which should be normal max brightness.

I have to increase the brightness through the LCD brightness toolbar button or the function keys every time it boots, and it automatically resets to minimum brightness whenever I open a video file through VLC or when the computer idles.

Running 8.04 on a Lenovo Ideapad Y510. This did not happen in prior versions.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Brightness backwards - strange problem

You may want to check out System->Preferences->Power Management and play around with the screen brightness controls. I think they work in an intuitive but different way in Hardy.
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vor View Post
    You may want to check out System->Preferences->Power Management and play around with the screen brightness controls. I think they work in an intuitive but different way in Hardy.
    There aren't even any direct brightness controls in Power Management, and nothing else there is of any use.

Setting it toward "brighter" makes it darker, and vice versa.

Beans

Nobody has any thoughts on this? Does anyone have a similar issue???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have the same issue! Did you get a fix for yours? I just installed 8.04 on the Retail Edge version of the Lenovo Y510.

Beans

I have the same issue, and I also have an ideapad y510, my screen randomly turns brighter and dimmer, how do you turn off the adaptive brightness. Also does any other Y510 user have difficulty with the subwoofer, I've been trying for weeks, and I still can't figure out how to install it properly

Beans

I confirm. Running Intrepid.