Thread: amarok doesn't play but instead enqueues?

Beans

amarok doesn't play but instead enqueues?

Hi, I'm using Amarok. Problem is, when I click a file, Amarok will not play it, but instead make a playlist and enqueue it at its end.

I just want to zap through my music folder, clicking a file, and Amarok playing it. Not making a playlist and enqueuing stuff.

Anyone know how to make this otherwise good program work properly?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: amarok doesn't play but instead enqueues?

Do you have a lot of custom settings and such? If it isn't a big deal you could always remove the package and add it again. I know all my PCs with Amarok on them play as soon as I click the media file.

Beans

I just installed kubuntu 8 a couple of minutes ago, and then installed amarok. I didn't change any settings whatsoever. it's completely fresh.

I went to file manager (dolphin), right-clicked an mp3 and chose "open with.." and then chose amarok from the installed multimedia programs. And I checked "remember" button so it wouldn't ask again.

Beans

as a point of reference I just installed kubuntu this morning and by default amarok will play mp3's (after installing something), ie. no need to r. click or use the open with... just d. click on. The only thing I did in settings was to uncheck remember current playlist on exit. (shouldn't be related to your issue)

Beans

double-clicking?

i dont think you have the same kubuntu as i have, because in dolphin i cannot even double-click. it's all single-clicking that will open files.
    if anyone knows how to change it to single-click i'd be glad for that too.

Beans

sorry - didn't notice - single click opens

settings for mouse behavior in system settings
    Last edited by mc4man; May 20th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Beans

Hm pretty funny, now that I changed mouse behaviour to double-click, Amarok suddenly plays a file the moment I d-click it.
    However, it still adds it to an ever-growing playlist at the same time! Meaning that if I zap through a couple of mp3s, it'll make a huge playlist of them and start playing through it and I have to manually delete all songs each time.
    Just what's wrong with this program? There must be a way to make it just open a single frigging file when I click on one.

Beans

However, it still adds it to an ever-growing playlist at the same time! Meaning that if I zap through a couple of mp3s, it'll make a huge playlist of them and start playing through it and I have to manually delete all songs each time.
    Maybe you'll find something in the setting but I believe every song you play is added to the current playlist. that doesn't seem to be unusual behavior. A simple r.click, clear removes all the enties. In settings unchecking remember current playlist on exit will take care of "ever-growing"