Thread: Iomega Rev 356gb & Rev 70gb now supported in Hardy Heron

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Iomega Rev 356gb & Rev 70gb now supported in Hardy Heron

Hey all,
    Since I did a search on this myself recently and got no answer, it's possible others may do the same...so just to say my Iomega Rev Drives, 35GB & 70GB, are now natively recognised in Hardy Heron (8.04) with full UDF write support. Great! (This wasn't the case in 7.10)

This will mean the just released Rev 120GB will also be supported.

For those interested they are recognised as the correct Rev drives in the file browser, not as CD drive, once the media is inserted. When ejected they are seen as CD drives, unsurprisingly.. and quite correctly!

I haven't yet tried any of the free Open Source backup tools ( as LoneTAR & Microlite have always worked but I just want a home backup solution.)

Regards
    Donal

Beans

Re: Iomega Rev 356gb & Rev 70gb now supported in Hardy Heron

Hi Donal,

Did you do anything special for this to work? Did you format the cartridges as a udf filesystem?

I have a set of cartridges which I formatted as ext3 some time ago. On a brand new hardy install, we I insert them into the drive, they are seen as CD-ROMs, appear as Disc on the desktop and are mounted as /media/disc.

It works, but I wanted to know what exactly happens for you. Is there a way to make them seen as rev drive, with the correct icon and label?

Thanks,
    -- Vincent