Thread: [SOLVED] networking and amarok

Beans

[SOLVED] networking and amarok

ok i can add mp3's to a playlist in amarok, but when i want to have amarok search and add files to my collection no dice. Why does everything in ubuntu have to be so difficult. hopefully someone can help.

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: networking and amarok

I'm confused about the thread title. Not sure how this relates to networking in particular.

Anyway, what exactly is happening when you try add mp3s? How are you trying to add them? What error messages are you receiving?

I've never had any problems adding mp3s to my collection.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Monicker View Post
    I'm confused about the thread title. Not sure how this relates to networking in particular.

Anyway, what exactly is happening when you try add mp3s? How are you trying to add them? What error messages are you receiving?

I've never had any problems adding mp3s to my collection.
    my mp3s are on a seperate computer running XP. Rhythmbox plays the files just fine and sees them when adding to the library. Amarok sees the mp3s only if i add them to a plylist. If i want to scan the folder to add to my collection i cannot find the folder. How im adding them is by clicking on Settings then configure Amarok then clicking on collection. The network folder does not show.

My apologies for the confusin

Beans

nevermind got it to work... thanks for the help