Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totem-gstreamer: build gst-ffmpeg plugin from CVS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Totem-gstreamer: build gst-ffmpeg plugin from CVS

its the power of the closed nvidia driver
    They reversed the hue settings in the linux driver, so if you want to see video in the correct color scheme set the hue settings in totem either to the max or minimum settings, that should take care of it.
    This only affects you when using the close source nvidia drivers and nvidia has indicated they don't plan to fix it.
    Last edited by cor2y; June 24th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Totem-gstreamer: build gst-ffmpeg plugin from CVS

Quote Originally Posted by sensimilla View Post

How would I update gst-ffmpeg to the latest version from cvs ? I'd rather not download the whole lot again as it takes absolutely ages. Also is it possible to uninstall the current cvs version that I have ?
    \
    If you run the cvs checkout command from the directory above where you downloaded it to begin with, it will update the source files, that's the handy thing about using a developer's tool. On my system, I run:

Code:
     cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/gstreamer co gst-ffmpeg
    Which should result in some output like this:

Code:
    cvs checkout: Updating gst-ffmpeg
    U gst-ffmpeg/ChangeLog
    U gst-ffmpeg/configure.ac
    U gst-ffmpeg/ffmpegrev
    etc...
    After this, you might want to check for a new upstream version of ffmpeg to compile with:

Code:
    cd gst-ffmpeg
    ./autoregen.sh --prefix=/usr
    This will update the external dependencies, fetch new updates for them if available, and re-run the configure script.

To answer the second question, to uninstall a version you've built and installed, running "sudo make uninstall" from the gst-ffmpeg directory should clean up what you've installed. In reality though, the ffmpeg plugins in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ would just be overwritten by any other version you install, so doing the "make uninstall" thing is probably unnecessary.
    Last edited by captaintrav; September 2nd, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12