Thread: Installation Error

Beans

Installation Error

Hi all! When I try to install hardy heron (the same thing happened when I tried to install gutsy a while back) on my desktop using both the live cd and the alternate cds I get errors. I'm going to explain what happens when I try to use the live cd.

so when the cd loads and I tell it that I want to try ubuntu the loading goes. Here is a picture of what i mean:

But then the proper loading stops and I get this error:

I have no idea what this means. In case you need them here are my system specs:
    - AMD sempron 2800
    - 1.5 gb dual channel ddr ram
    - geforce 7600 gs
    - 20 gb Hardrive (Master)
    - 200 gb Hardrive (Slave)
    - a tdk dvd burner (Slave)
    - a nec dvd reader (Primary) (which when I'm in windows freezes the computer when I try to use it)

I can give more information if needed/ if you have a hardware identification program you want me to use i can

Edit: I guess I should also say that this computer dualboots windows xp and an old version of xandros linux pro (of which I have lost the cd's for it). XP is on my master hd and xandros is on a secondary partition thats just for linux on my slave. When I boot the computer a xandros screen comes up and asks me if I want to run xandros or windows xp. When I install Ubuntu I plan to have it erase xandros and take it's partition, but so far I haven't been able to even get to a place in the install where that is possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by eegz; May 17th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Installation Error

Dowload Alternate CD from here:
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/hardy/
    Do md5sum, burn at 4x or less. Do not use CD-RW

Dr. Fernando Duran Dollenz
    Libertad 584