Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacman Issues

Beans

Re: Pacman Issues

ok first I suggest that you ask around on the arch linux forums, it is great. second, what does pacman -Sy give you?
    hp dv6395 ea 2gb ram core 2 duo 2.00 Ghz archlinux User | Arch rocks! | Submit Bug Reports! https://launchpad.net/ubuntu | Include detail in your thread titles!

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello

I don't know what ISO you are using to install Arch but when I used the 2008-04 I had the same problem. When I use the 2008-03 Iso I don't have that problem.

Beans

This is a bit older of an Arch guide that I used when I installed Archlinux-i686-2007.08-2.core.iso: http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=276&pid=7

This page 7 has details about the pacman.d and the server list. Also, read the notes that pacman will print out for you, it usually has all of the new details of any changes for the .conf files that you will have to make.

Read the whole guide (with pictures), and make sure you did all of your conf files correctly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Did you find the answer to this? I have the same problem.

Followed the Beginners Guide exactly but pacman says "Connection timed out" no matter which mirror I choose.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by skip mcshwang View Post
    Did you find the answer to this? I have the same problem.

Followed the Beginners Guide exactly but pacman says "Connection timed out" no matter which mirror I choose.
    Do you have a working network connection? Can you ping google, for example?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can ping google and the mirrors.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread. But have you tried:
    Code:
    pacman -Sy
    ??
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Dr Small, that's where I got snagged in the beginners guide, it says to update your system by typing pacman -Sy. It wouldn't connect so I tried skipping that part and installing libgl, xorg etc. but it says

Code:
    error 'libgl': not found in sync db

Beans

The first time I installed Arch, I remembered getting hung up on pacman. I'm not entirely sure if it's the same thing being referred to here, but I remember it had something to do with how I was following the beginner's guide. The guide's been updated since then, but try updating pacman using the archlinux.org server. The guide had me set my mirrorlist and then run a full-system update, but the version of pacman I had was outdated and didn't refer to /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist. I don't see how this would be a problem on a release-candidate version, but I figured I'd mention it to see if it helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I got it working a while ago, and forgot to update this post.
    Turns out that in /etc/rc.conf the default gateway was set to 192.168.0.1 when it needed to be set to 192.168.1.1.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast