Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3658

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Things that u hate in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Csh View Post
    Some things are annoying:

1) I don't like the way the launchers work. The programs that i've opened are sometimes at the bottom of the list and I have to scroll down while unused ones take up space at the top... It would have been interesting if the launchers could put opened ones at the top then the shortcuts.
    Tried a bit to find some ways to change that but unsuccessful so far though.

2) Flash occasionally crashes on 64-bit

3) Libreoffice support for .docx documents and graphs and such is simply not good enough... makes me have to reboot to win7 everytime i am forced to do something on word

4) Companies like nvidia and ati won't develop drivers that work well with linux

5) Dunno why they chose banshee media player as default... It freezes every 2-3 seconds when listening to music and syncing a large number of music files

Apart from that, ubuntu works for me.

PS: If anyone can point me towards solutions to these problems, please do so... I'll gladly welcome the help
    Clementine is far more stable with large collections
    http://www.clementine-player.org/downloads
    It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality you are...

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

The pathetic application that is incorrectly described as "Powermanagement" - too stupidly or poorly programmed to recognise that the CPU is busy.
    The GuiGuy
    Free is only good when it works.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by GuiGuy View Post
    The pathetic application that is incorrectly described as "Powermanagement" - too stupidly or poorly programmed to recognise that the CPU is busy.
    So I wasn't just missing something! When I close my laptop lid, the computer goes into what would better be called a coma--I can't get it to resume with the power button or anything else, and the only thing to do is power it off and reboot.

Beans

I like Ubuntu. What I hate is the people who make the hardwares that I need. None of my webcam works with Ubuntu!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by peyre View Post
    So I wasn't just missing something! When I close my laptop lid, the computer goes into what would better be called a coma--I can't get it to resume with the power button or anything else, and the only thing to do is power it off and reboot.
    IMO, in this age of energy use minimization reliable and "intelligent" power management is an essential function of any OS.

Ubuntu, and possibly linux, scores a big fail here.
    The GuiGuy
    Free is only good when it works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by peyre
    I don't have any real problems with suspend and resume on my machine, but it's a major trouble spot for bugs, along with graphics cards and WiFi chips. Your problem can probably be solved, but there are doubtless some machines for which there aren't fixes.

That's separate from issues with the power manager's intended behaviors and features. (Which are not really a strength of the Gnome desktop.)

Beans

I hate bugs it sometimes has. But honestly, There is alot more I DO like about Ubuntu, than I hate about Ubuntu!

Beans

I am a new user of ubuntu and linux, and what I "hate" about ubuntu is that it's not like what people advertised.

It takes so hard to do simple things in linux, even in ubuntu, like installing application, getting wireless running, and listening music. And almost every problems has to resort to command line hacks at some point, with "alien" language that's a little bit "frightening". I just don't really know, how the people can have an ubuntu that "configured just the way I like". But, after all, I can't work with an OS that I have to hardly configured first before I can use it properly for daily task. I spent time 5 times more on fixing drivers problem or installing some programs, than writing some useful proposal or creating some presentation for work.

but I still want to give ubuntu a chance. I'm curious, and I want to see and experience, how long does it takes, before ubuntu becomes "configured just the way I like", like what people all over the internet boasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I hate unity and the Gnome 3 desktop!! Long live gnome 2!! Also I hate Linux mint!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi5kumar View Post
    Long live gnome 2!!
    Unfortunately, Gnome2 is no more alive.. You must either learn to love Gnome3/Unity, or try other DEs.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Page 248 of 366 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast