Page 362 of 362 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362
Results 3,611 to 3,616 of 3616

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Greene View Post
    It has moved so far into the realm of the geek. I cannot access the Forums as I used to or get help and answers as I did with the early versions. New downloads & upgrades always leave me with something that doesn't work right. New presentations obvious to many aren't to me. Whereas after months of not bothering with it I can now open my ODT docs in Libre Office but Mozilla won't work and I cannot get on line browsing. However since Thunderbird works for my emails the line connection and router must be OK. It is so perplexing I fear I will still be unable to use it. Any help - even pointers to obtain help - would be most welcome.
    If you prefer the old style desktop (like 10.04) then Ubuntu Mate is what you want.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Greene View Post
    It has moved so far into the realm of the geek. I cannot access the Forums as I used to or get help and answers as I did with the early versions. New downloads & upgrades always leave me with something that doesn't work right. New presentations obvious to many aren't to me. Whereas after months of not bothering with it I can now open my ODT docs in Libre Office but Mozilla won't work and I cannot get on line browsing. However since Thunderbird works for my emails the line connection and router must be OK. It is so perplexing I fear I will still be unable to use it. Any help - even pointers to obtain help - would be most welcome.
    I see that most of the threads you started have replies trying to help you, yet you never responded to them.

Beans
    Distro

Maybe systemd is something I "shouldn't" like. I left my beloved Xubuntu for awhile after reading a bunch of panc-posts about systemd-guided Robotic Overlords taking over the whole Linux universe. I'm back on Xubu again, because, well, it just works, better and more simply than any other distro I've tried. It's not the fastest (Salix gets that award for my experience, but it's not simple or easy for a busy Ba'aku boy who is scared of technology), but it's the distro I always run home to.

Beans

the most annoying thing is mouse acceleration

Beans

The ever present launcher bar - hate it. I know you can hide it but that's annoying. When Ubuntu said they were moving to Gnome I though "yay, no more launcher bar". The meta key doesn't open apps either, only search. In stock Gnome, the meta key opens the apps view.
    “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sulton View Post
    the most annoying thing is mouse acceleration
    That's adjustable via Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sevendogs1337 View Post
    The ever present launcher bar - hate it. I know you can hide it but that's annoying. When Ubuntu said they were moving to Gnome I though "yay, no more launcher bar". The meta key doesn't open apps either, only search. In stock Gnome, the meta key opens the apps view.
    I've noticed this, too, now that I have Debian on the desktop and Ubuntu on the laptop.

Page 362 of 362 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362