Page 3 of 366 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Things that u hate in Ubuntu

I've had frequent problems with suspend, which may be mostly due to my choices in ATI cards.

Having to edit xorg.conf to set fix the mouse side buttons is kind of a pain.

Beans

nothing.

Beans

The hasty decision to use the iwl drivers in Hardy. Binary-only or not, I want my ipw back, they never gave me any problems.

Other than that, nothing.

My touchpad freezes when I lose my network. Weird side effect that makes the problem even worse.
    Last edited by klange; May 17th, 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Beans

Sometimes I launch apps, and nothing happens. Mozilla is a very good example of that. And when I try again, it tells me the app is already running.

Damn stupid.
    Desktop : iMac 21.5" (2011) Core i5 Sandy Bridge - AMD Radeon HD 6750M - 8Gb RAM - OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion
    Laptop : EasyNote TS 44HR (2012) - Core i3 Sandy Bridge - Intel HD3000 - 4Gb RAM - elementary OS 0.2 + Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Pulseaudio as it is useless at the momemnt. Had to switch everything to use ALSA instead.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Just dial up support at the moment
    I cant convert all my machines to ubuntu for that being one of the reasons

Beans

Its way to easy to shoot yourself in the foot. For example I got 1 couple NTFS-Partitions which aint get mounted automatically, you can mount them by clicking on them in Nautilus - then, if you open the properties you can edit the mountpoint (actually theres no description or help what it does exactly). I did so on one drive with the result that I was unable to mount it and as the property-dialog is only available when mounted you are unable to fix it the same way. Only way out was to search around in the registry for a key that sounded like it was responsible.

Which brings me to the next point: Documentation/Help is totally poor (the only thing thats documented good is commandline-stuff) and way worse if you have a different language than english selected.

And another point: Inconsistent configuration. you set a mountpoint in device-properties? That setting goes in Gnome-Registry and NOT in /etc/fstab.
    Trying to disable the Standby-Button? - well, there are config-files that allow to disable ACPI-Sleep (=Standby), and there are scripts which appear to be called when you press the Button. Both are documented and should do what I wanted but both have no effect if Gnome is running (the setting is once more in the registry, and since a couple Versions you can also alter that setting manually - but that wasnt possible when I tried to disable it).

If you force install on a Package it typically breaks PAckage-Management bad enough so you cant run updates or do much stuff with apt-get, except running apt-get install -f and get your package removed again.
    Last edited by Npl; May 17th, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

The way (at least it seems to me that FF3 is..we just had a release in the last 5 hours, but why is the "check for updates" button greyed out? I dont agree sometimes where we "have" to it seems do things through an update manager and for those that want to, why couldnt indiviuals update apps like FF and Opera without something telling them they could?
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I played every tux series games; such as Extreme Tux Racer, Frozen-Bubble, Pingus, SuperTux and SuperTuxKart. Every game was interesting, so I played each of them more then 100 times. Now I'm start to boring to play these games. So do you know another funny Tux game?

Beans

i don't hate anything about it. for me, it comes with way too much junk on it and i also don't like gnome. after two and a half years of installing (x)ubuntu and stripping it down, i'm finally able to have jumped ship for arch. i doubt i could have gotten there without ubuntu, though.

Page 3 of 366 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast