Page 271 of 353 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3523

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums View Post
    I dislike unity for a physical desktop setup. Desktop meaning I have a tower with my computer components inside and two monitors plugged into it sitting on top of a desk.

One simple reason (though there are more) is that if a window is not mazimized there are minimize-mazimize-close buttons in the upper right, but if it is maximized you have to mouse over the upper left to see those buttons.

1) The location should be consistent.
    2) this causes a problem if you have a window maximized on a second display, but a different window active on your main display. There is no way to close it with one click. If it is not the active window, mousing over will not display the close button. You must first make it active and then mouse over. fail.

Also, i have found no way to include a CPU monitoring applet that will display on the top bar of the desktop.
    There is something wrong if you have the buttons on different sides. Did you use something like Ubuntu tweak to put the buttons on the right side? It may help if you can provide a screenshot.
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; December 10th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Disappearing a global menu this is a killer for me I am using e17 because of this and will consider unity Trash until a allways show global menu option is implemented.

2 buggy gdb and ddd these toos should not be this crash happy, but in general Ubuntu is dev unfriendly

So it is e17 on fedora for me until these things get fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by dusanyu View Post
    Disappearing a global menu this is a killer for me I am using e17 because of this and will consider unity Trash until a allways show global menu option is implemented.

2 buggy gdb and ddd these toos should not be this crash happy, but in general Ubuntu is dev unfriendly

So it is e17 on fedora for me until these things get fixed.
    I have a team of scientists working around the clock trying to figure out what the heck you just said. So far, they have come up with nothing.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans

I dislike comming back from answering the phone and finding I have to re-enter the password. Also dislike not finding a simple on and off in tools for this timeout. I am too new to fix by cli and unsuccessful with search.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by seaguy View Post
    I dislike comming back from answering the phone and finding I have to re-enter the password. Also dislike not finding a simple on and off in tools for this timeout. I am too new to fix by cli and unsuccessful with search.
    Don't answer the phone or ..

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?...Search&lang=en

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Thanks for the above link. Very helpful. Not ready to learn linux terminal yet which appears to be the only means to do what I want.
    Last edited by seaguy; January 10th, 2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: clarity

Beans

May 17th, 2008 #1 sharks
    Has an Ubuntu Drip

Beans: 729
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Things that you dislike in Ubuntu
    What are the things that u hate in Ubuntu?

Sharks had asked this question, when he was using 8.10 in may, 2008 and Ubuntu had come a long way. Could a hate go for so long?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by seaguy View Post

In the 'system settings' window click on 'Brightness and Lock' then turn the Lock to off or change timeout and close window.

Hope that helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thumbs down Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

I moved the phone closer to my computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I only have complaint with unity. Which is there is only one icon for programs I have open. Not very efficient when you have a LOT of windows.

Page 271 of 353 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast