Page 101 of 366 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3658

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

I don't want to take away from everything Ubuntu does well, chiefly, in my case, turning an old laptop (Acer Aspire 5000 circa 2003) into a new laptop, nor do I "hate" anything in Ubuntu. However, I do have some suggestions for improvement.
    For the consumer:
    1. Fewer updates. Seems like every time I power up, Update Manger monopolizes my CPU with
    umpteen updates to install.
    2. Improve wireless performance. For the most part, my laptop serves as a Hulu and South Park Studios delivering device in my garage as I ride my
    trainer in anticipation of better weather. Though I'm constrained by HW, even the "low bandwidth" option is choppy.
    3. Finally, nothing. The Ubuntu community (developers and users that post) is almost completely exhaustive. I haven't tried to do anything (see laptop usage above) that hasn't been done before, has active trouble shooters, or is a limitation that can't be attributed to Ubuntu. Great job developers and posters, new and old.
    For the professional:
    1. Enterprise acceptance. I work in a specialized IT environment in which only a cadre of OSes are supported (MS, RHEL, & SuSe). However, I do not believe this is a fault of Ubuntu's since they had a booth at VMWorld '09 and were actively touting their integration from a technical standpoint. Maybe some work in the PR/corporate collaborative dept's is in order. For example, try to get Ubuntu to work with and support ESRI software.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to upcoming improvements & increased collaboration within the IT community.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

1. i also hate that my mic doesn't work in skype (
    2.i hate that my desktop icons keep disappearing whenever conky runs (
    if anyone has a solution to that please do message me

other than that, Ubuntu is numero uno
    I like to keep it respectful with OpenRespect
    I write at The Void Ghost and 2buntu

Beans

Beans

1) Look "feeling" old UI and theme.
    2) Tearing tearing tearing...
    3) Monolithic updates.

Beans

I hate the way there is no GUI to mount a network share at startup. Thats about my only complaint.

Beans

Display detection issues obviously

Why in hell does it take one unplug of the monitor cable and plug into the TV to completely wipe out my monitor settings FOREVER? Why doesn't plugging back into my monitor and restarting re-detect the optimum display settings, instead of disabling all but 800X600 and 640X480? Why do I have to create a new xorg.conf file with all my monitor specs when it worked fine before?

**** like this shouldn't be breaking, and nobody better give me "You shouldn't have plugged it into your TV." Display detection should be comprehensive and redundant. No-brainer. I have a life here, I don't mess with the kernel or core files, I don't do anything bizarre with my computer, I shouldn't have to troubleshoot BASIC HARDWARE DETECTION.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Baster View Post
    Display detection issues obviously

Why in hell does it take one unplug of the monitor cable and plug into the TV to completely wipe out my monitor settings FOREVER? Why doesn't plugging back into my monitor and restarting re-detect the optimum display settings, instead of disabling all but 800X600 and 640X480? Why do I have to create a new xorg.conf file with all my monitor specs when it worked fine before?

**** like this shouldn't be breaking, and nobody better give me "You shouldn't have plugged it into your TV." Display detection should be comprehensive and redundant. No-brainer. I have a life here, I don't mess with the kernel or core files, I don't do anything bizarre with my computer, I shouldn't have to troubleshoot BASIC HARDWARE DETECTION.
    Noone has been able to help with my dramas with plugging a second monitor into my laptop. Please someone help.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1401323

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

things i hate in ubuntu??? this is most stupid question i heard ever.
    first im new to linux to be honest first time i tried interpid it was march 2009 it was difficult to move from windows where u just press buttons to OS where u need to look for driver get youre sound work graphic and all other components. i heard about linux in 90 's friends told me that this is very difficult os so i souldnt try it and i didnt. was using win 95 then 2000 etc and last one was win7.
    i dont have windows on my pc anymore use just ubuntu at the moment karmic. and it is working very very well there is ubuntu irc channel where iu can ask questions there is ubuntu forum etc, so today im ablle to sort out my sound without problem my graphic is working to and if there is any problem i always find solution. i learned really a lot about linux before thought that there is just linux didnt know that ubuntu debian slax etc exist. one thing i promisse will stay forever with ubuntu not cos its easy OS just cos its interesting OS much more then windows to be honest as i tried and how i see my msi working with ubuntu even if i had to pay to get ubuntu i would pay for it.
    im not a programer just normall person today i know how to change things inside driver before u compile it to make it work with your sound card for example.

ubuntu is not for lazy people its for people who love to discover things who love to learn isntead watching tv.

tnx

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I personaly hate the stupid jungle sounds it makes when it starts up but other than that everything is fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I hate some unpolished desktop behavior. For example, if you click a drop-down list in the system panel or in Firefox and then leave the computer, the screen never dimms and no screensaver ever appears. Then when you come back after 30 mins and move the mouse (or click elsewhere), the screen blacks out as it should have a long time ago, but only for a split second and then works normally. I find it extremely stupid.
    בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ׃

Page 101 of 366 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast