Thread: xgl/compiz

Beans

xgl/compiz

hi there guys. i've installed compiz on my ubuntu but i dont know how to activate the 3D effect and show all the opened windows on one desktop. please help. thank you guys

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: xgl/compiz

Desktop effects can be enabled by choosing from the options available in System > Preferences > Appearance menu item.

If you want a bit more control, you can install the Compiz Config Settings Manager with the following command: sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

This program is then accessible from either running "ccsm" from terminal, or (for me at least) it appears in System > Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.

From this program you can enable / disable particular plugins. I'm afraid you may have to hunt around as I'm not sure what you're after, but you may want to try Desktop Cube (that's 3D) and the Put plugin. If you can be more specific for the effect you're looking for, its more likely we'll help you find the plugin

Beans

yeah i know that. the thing is i've enabled the 3d cube effect, but i dont know how to use it. should i press something on the keyboard or how? thanks

Beans

hello? can i get any help please? thanks a lot guys

Beans

Try [Ctrl]-[Alt] And click to rotate or [Ctrl]-[Alt] [Left/Right].
    This, however, won't work unless Cube Rotate is also enabled along with the Cube.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Under Bindings in the effects page is where you'll find and be able to configure all the keyboard and mouse shortcuts and screen edges you would like to use for each effect.