Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Hardy on Motion Computing M1300

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Hardy on Motion Computing M1300

Laughing my A$$ off, I already installed it, too late, although I have to admit it works perefctly as described. My M1300 has been thru the ringer, so it's been used and abused. But it hasn't worked this great in a while, I haven't had any issues so far the stylus works great, wireless works great, all said and done I don't have any current issues. Knock on wood. I was trying to find a quality virtual keyboard, and decided to try the cell writer. Working thru the learning stage as we speak. I found a new use for my M1300 thanks for the help. I might even put this or 8.10 on my Acer Laptop. Get rid of the memory hog Vista I have on it now. I've heard some good feedback from others using it on there Acer so I will give it a try. My only dilema is that I play WOW, and trying ot integrate Wine with Ubuntu and WoW should be pretty simple, but haven't tried it yet, So maybe over the weekend. Will take a look at the Xorg config you included, and maybe try it over the 8.04. Thanks fro the feedback, I appreciate it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Oh, such a shame... in 8.10 the brightness scripts are no longer necessary as teh system can control it... but 8.04 is a great distro... and 8.10 didn't quite get its act together so maybe you're better off waiting for the next one.
    For the other computer, May I suggest that you try using wubi on it first and see how that goes? wubi is a way to install ubuntu without repartitioning your computer and can be removed like a normal program if no longer wanted... or even try dual-booting ubuntu & windows to check out the wine-WOW situation... my understandin is that at this point WINE works flawlessly and out of the box with WOW.. so if that's the reason for staying with windows, by all means, try it first, and then dive in!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by priegog View Post
    If it is not starting on it's own, it won't start unless you fix what's wrong.
    What I was trying to say is that X.org changed a lot from hardy to intrepid, and so the same method cannot be used to make it work. You can either wait for me or someone else to figure out what the new instructions are going to be, figure them out yourself, or install hardy and follow these instructions as they are.
    Installed Kubuntu 8.04.1
    All OK!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, I figured just yesterday... as long as you don't do 4.1... Which might no longer be necessary, since a few minutes ago I rotated the screen from the screen resolution thing and it worked fine. Will try my scripts out...
    I'm glad it's all working out...

Beans

Yeah, I figured just yesterday... as long as you don't do 4.1... Which might no longer be necessary, since a few minutes ago I rotated the screen from the screen resolution thing and it worked fine. Will try my scripts out...
    I'm glad it's all working out...

Do you think it works with Ubuntu 8.10?
    Do you know a program of handwriting recognition?
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, that's what I was saying. These isntructions are for 8.04, but they can be modified to work for 8.10. in this linkI explain what needs to be done to make it work with 8.10. It seems I might have to write another how-to.
    And yeah, for handwriting recognition pretty much the only one that is currently being mantained is cellwriter.It's not great, since you have to enter each caracter in different sqare, but it works and it has an on-screen keyboard. I think I've heard there is at least one such program being developed for linux, so maybe we'll have a good one soon. However, for REAL text input I bought a foldable bluetooth keyboard and it works great.

Beans

Yeah, that's what I was saying. These isntructions are for 8.04, but they can be modified to work for 8.10. in this linkI explain what needs to be done to make it work with 8.10. It seems I might have to write another how-to.
    And yeah, for handwriting recognition pretty much the only one that is currently being mantained is cellwriter.It's not great, since you have to enter each caracter in different sqare, but it works and it has an on-screen keyboard. I think I've heard there is at least one such program being developed for linux, so maybe we'll have a good one soon. However, for REAL text input I bought a foldable bluetooth keyboard and it works great.
    How-to calibrate the stylus on the screen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That is not necesary for wacom tablets. I've never had to have mine calibrated... I believe external wacoms CAN do so to compensate for screen viewing angle, but not for pc's. Is your mouse pointer off or something?

Beans

Is only a tiny problem.
    Another question.
    The battery is fully charged, but the system shows only 33% and often lost.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ah yes, that, I don't know... Notice, however, that when you suspend it, and then wake it up, the battery shows correctly. I've been looking for an answer to this for a long time. I'll start actively looking again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast