Thread: how do I set up internet sharing?

Cambridge MA
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Arrow how do I set up internet sharing?

So my setup is as follows: I have a main machine with 2 ethernet cards, one is plugged into my LAN, the other is plugged into a switch. I then have six client machines that are also plugged into the switch. What I need to do is allow the 6 clients and the main machine to be able to ping and ssh into each other. I also need to setup the main machine so that it can share its internet connection with the other 6 machines.

I would also like to keep the 6 client machines invisible from the building lan if that is possible.

I actually had this system working before (I didn't do the install) and we upgraded (clean install) all the computers from Feisty to Hardy, any help on where I can go to read about how to do this would be great, or a posted answer would be great as well.

I've been googling for "Internet Sharing Ubuntu", "Internet Sharing Hardy Heron" but I haven't been able to find anything that is really clear on how to accomplish what I want to do.

It seems easy enough to do I just haven't learned how to do it yet.

Allons-y Alonzo! - The Dr.
    Is that what Time Lords do? Lop a bit off, and grow another one. You're like worms! - Donna Noble
    The world is a mess... and I just need to... Rule it. - Dr. Horrible

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: how do I set up internet sharing?

it's explained here

I hope i was clear enough
    Calvin: I'm being educated against my will! My rights are being trampled!
    Hobbes: Is it a right to remain ignorant?
    Calvin: I don't know, but I refuse to find out!