Thread: Amarok MP3 support gone

Beans

Amarok MP3 support gone

MP3 support in my Amarok seems to have disappeared. Any idea what could be the cause? I have the right GStreamer plugins and it was working previously. Not really sure what might have cause it as I haven't used it for about a week and have installed and updated quite a few programs since. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dell M1330 - Intel Duo T7300 2.00GHz - GeForce 8400M GS - 2GB RAM - Broadcom BCM5906M - Hardy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Amarok MP3 support gone

amarok prefer xine.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install amarok-xine libxine1 libxine1-ffmpeg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

or maybe you need

libk3b2-extracodecs

Beans

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I followed both of them, but unfortunately they didn't solve the problem. I already had the correct xine drivers/files installed from the mediubuntu repositories, I tried reinstalling both the advised files and Amarok itself as advised in another similar thread (sorry, I found that after posting this one!), but to no avail.
    I've now uninstalled Amarok and am using Exaile now. I'd like to return to Amarok again though if anyone can tell me where I've gone wrong.
    Dell M1330 - Intel Duo T7300 2.00GHz - GeForce 8400M GS - 2GB RAM - Broadcom BCM5906M - Hardy

Beans

Perhaps delete the .amarok configuration folder. It should be hidden in your home folder somewhere. It should create a new one on its next run, which may fix any problems it had.

Beans

It's ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok, and I'd recommend renaming it, rather than deleting it, so you don't lose all your configuration and stuff.
    I do not use Ubuntu any more, nor have I ever used Gnome. Therefore, I tend to give advice that is distro- and DE-agnostic, which, while perhaps not the easiest way, will allow you to move freely between machines.

Beans

Thanks sir. I was just about to install amarok to try give a better tutorial since my post was vague.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm not sure this helps, but there was a recent update to Amarok which might have caused some mischief. For me it actually fixed a glitch with fetching album covers from amazon. Maybe you could try rolling back to the previous version