Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Focusrite Saffire LE

Beans

Re: Focusrite Saffire LE

Quote Originally Posted by pointfive View Post
    Code:
    03:00.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments XIO2200(A) IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) (rev 01)
    Looks like your ExpressCard is a TI... hm. I was never able to make my Saffire work with an ExpressCard, but I think that's a different issue to this one. Sorry, pointfive - I think I've lead you astray!

Beans

No worries. It's good to eliminate potential issues too. Any insight into those errors in my syslog?

I'm gonna try disabling apic (and lapic) in the boot menu and see if that does anything. EDIT: It didn't.
    Last edited by pointfive; October 30th, 2008 at 05:12 AM.

Beans

I'm convinced at this point that the problem is with jackd. I've gotten floods of the message "cannot continue execution of the processing graph (Broken pipe)" with ALSA (before I installed ffado), and I'm seeing it again with ffado.

From everything I can tell, ffado is working flawlessly. ffado-dbus-server and ffadomixer respond predictably and reliably.

Unless I can figure out what's causing jack to crash, I'm done hitting my head against this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the guidance. I really do appreciate it.

Beans

UPDATE: Having continued to research this, here's what I've found. According to what I've read in this thread and other places, even though the Expresscard itself has the TI chipset, if the controller for the Expresscard slot uses the Ricoh chipset (as my Dell Inspiron 1501 does), it causes problems. There are arguments about this, though... does anyone know whether this is the case?

My only hope at this point rests on two possibilities:

1) Disabling the Ricoh firewire controller. How would I do this in Ubuntu?
    2) Replacing my Expresscard. I have an ASTPro IEEE 1394a I bought for $30. Can't find much information on it. People seem to have more success with the SIIG 800, but I'm reluctant to drop $80 on something that's not guaranteed to work.

As a next step, can someone help me by explaining how to go about disabling the Ricoh firewire chipset, which I'm assuming is one of the below:

Code:
    08:01.0 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 19)
    08:01.1 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 01)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234