Quote Originally Posted by nicedude View Post
Hey everyone I thought I should share this with everyone since it is simple and might really help out someone here.

Basically it is a script to get system information like software installed, user name, linux version, PCI devices, USB devices & more then write it all to text files in a new folder on your desktop. Also it will backup 7 of your important config files and place them in a sub folder of the first one on your desktop.

I only use commands that do not require SUDO privileges and so this should be safe for anyone to use as it doesn't change anything apart from making a couple new directories on your Desktop.

It should come in handy for people who don't know the proper commands yet and also for those who do when they want a bunch of answers really fast.

Anyway try it out and tell me what you think, If anyone can think of some other important config files I should add to my list then just let me know so I can add them.

Just make sure its set to be executable and then doubleclick and select run or add to your nautilus scripts folder.
I double click it saved 1st time, 2nd time click browse. No result either way. Very confused.