Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardware lag after 1min idle

Beans

Re: Hardware lag after 1min idle

God this is driving me nuts....just browsing the web to find a solution to this problem, I keep getting tiny screen freezes like described above, and seconds later, my WiFi connection stops working and I have to reconnect to my AP.

So then I plug in my LAN connections, and I dont have to reconnect, but Pidgin keeps having to relogin ever time i get a lag, and the lag itself is beginning to become annoying.

Can someone please help me here?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have a Dell 630m with the same kind of misbehaviour. I tried several things without success (e.g. with & without compiz, powered & on battery, ...). The only thing that seemed to work was to load the CPU to 100% (for instance with an ugly javascript from a website).

Quote Originally Posted by zolushka View Post
    1) In the "Power Management Preferences" dialog, I disabled the "Dim display when idle" settings.
    I change the power-connected tab and it seems to do the trick... crossing fingers.

Beans

On my install, under the AC power connected tab, that option is allready turned off....so what did u change?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, it was on and since I switched it off everything seems to be better. But I've never been really sure on the way to trigger the problem. So maybe the trick is only valid for dell laptops.

What puzzles me is that I never found what component did the lag. I checked the CPU freq, the logs, everything I could think about... with no result.

Beans

Hey guys.

I also have the same problem but with a fujitsu siemens laptop. I have recently installed Kubunto 64bit on it but can't find a soulution for that anoying lags. Anybody has some new ideas besides the desktop dimming, because that doesn't work for me :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12