Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't connect to Linksys WUSB54GSC adapter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can't connect to Linksys WUSB54GSC adapter

32 bit. I'm going to go to Best Buy today and inquire about getting a wired adapter just so I can finally get online.
    Dell XPS M1530,Intel Core 2 Duo T5850
    128 GB SSD,4GB Ram
    Nvidia 8600M GT, 177.80 Driver
    Intel Wireless Wifi link 4965agn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Can't connect to Linksys WUSB54GSC adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Morty007 View Post
    32 bit. I'm going to go to Best Buy today and inquire about getting a wired adapter just so I can finally get online.
    Ya, you could do that. However, we can get your wireless adapter to work. I did some looking and it seems you have to use ndswrapper for the 32bit window$ driver. Reports say that it works well.

I'll look the forums for a adapter that has native Linux driver and simple/automatic to setup. That seems to be the thing with Linux... Video cards and Wireless cards. BUT hay come a long way... there use to be choke problems.

Well I think your best bet is ether to set up the wusb54gsc with ndiswrapper or buy the wusb54"GC" and use the driver we have been talking about. I will edit this post if I come to find out I am wrong.

I got my wusb54"GC" at Radio Shack for $50. Now I have also seen it at wall-mart for $45 but wall-mart also has the "GSC" so make sure to check the model # on the bottom left on the front of the box... If you go this route.
    Last edited by HunterThomson; May 16th, 2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123