Thread: How to configure xorg.conf ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

How to configure xorg.conf ?

Just installed 8.04 on my PC but have a problem with the screen resolution, the max I can get is 1024x800, I tried editing etc/X11/xorg.conf but there's nothing there to add possible screen resolutions ?

Bert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How to configure xorg.conf ?

What is the VGA card you have?
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It's A ATI Rage Pro XL

Bert

Beans

I'm actually having the exact same problem and it is very frustrating. I installed nvidia-settings and I can set my resolution to the 1280x960 resolution I want, but I have to do this every time I boot up. there is an option to merge to the xorg file, but I also can't use "sudo" to run any programs, which is really really annoying (and is probably why it fails to merge with xorg, because it isn't using the root privelages). I can't sudo kate /etc/X11/xorg.conf because sudo doesn't work like that. . .I can still run kate by typing kate in the terminal, though.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Gathalimay; May 11th, 2008 at 09:42 PM.