Thread: Join the Swiss community!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Talking Join the Swiss community!

For all of you who don't know about it yet, the Swiss community is quite busy!
    We have two dates set for release parties, and a couple of other events up our sleeves.

However, since most decisions we take involve many people from all parts of Switzerland, most of the discussions are held on our IRC channel, and on the mailing list.

We know theses tools, while powerful, can be sometimes scary to setup, so I'll give a few pointers to all you newcomers out there:

IRC:

According to the related wikipedia entry, IRC was there even before the linux kernel!
    IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat", and is a "chat" protocol: you type messages in a chat room, and the message is sent to everybody connected to the same chatroom as you.
    The good news is: Ubuntu comes preinstalled with everything you need to join us!
    You can find detailed instructions on how to join the Ubuntu-ch discussion on our wiki page.

Mailing List:

A mailing list is even more simple to use.
    The idea is that you subscribe to a mailing list like you would subscribe to a newspaper (except that it's free ), and then whoever sends an email message to a special email address (the "mailing list address"), everybody who subscribed to it will recieve your email! How simple is that?
    Subscription to the ubuntu-ch mailing list is free, simple, and can be cancelled at any time.

To join the Ubuntu-ch mailing list, please visit this page.

Wiki:
    The Swiss LoCo team maintains a set of wiki pages, which can be found here.

Hope this helps!

- Trib'

Beans

Re: Join the Swiss community!

thank you man

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi there

I have a litle problem on this wiki page : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam

How can I add my name on the liste ?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.[Albert Einstein]
    http://www.tuxgeek.org
    Where there is a shell there is a way !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hum like it was answered on the list, you should simply login and click the "Edit" link in the upper left-hand corner

Hope this helps!

- Trib'